BBM is here but the line is long, I'll show you how to cut in line.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
wow... I remember a few years ago when people actually used BBs that BBM was wanted by some of us early Android adapters just for easy cross-platform coms but seriously, who the hell uses a BB anymore?? RIM just needs to accept their faith and die quietly and stop trying to rehash old/outdated products as something useful.

skennelly

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what's already been said. If this incorporated SMS it would be a different game. But it does seem like a PIA to add people and there is no guarantee that the people you invite will want to use it.

I just wish that Google would hurry up with adding sms to handouts.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
One thing that is nice about BBM is that it notifies you when your message has been read, and it also lets you know when the person you are chatting with is typing a message back. This is similar to what Google offers in the Hangouts.

So its like KIK except nobody uses it.

BBM would have been great 3 years ago when people still had Blackberries. Now that Blackberry is all but dead, it is YAWN

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wow... I remember a few years ago when people actually used BBs that BBM was wanted by some of us early Android adapters just for easy cross-platform coms but seriously, who the hell uses a BB anymore?? RIM just needs to accept their faith and die quietly and stop trying to rehash old/outdated products as something useful.

^ this

If you are going to go software then you better give us something that is at least on par with what is out. You can not throw outdated hardware out there and think nostalgia will save you. Nostalgia may get you a look but then people remember why they moved on. Really poor work by rim and it highlights why they are where they are because of their reluctance or inability to keep up with the time.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ this

If you are going to go software then you better give us something that is at least on par with what is out. You can not throw outdated hardware out there and think nostalgia will save you. Nostalgia may get you a look but then people remember why they moved on. Really poor work by rim and it highlights why they are where they are because of their reluctance or inability to keep up with the time.
Change the word software to hardware and send this too Mr.Chow of HTC.

Sent from my Note 3 rockin Jelly Bean 4.3

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Change the word software to hardware and send this too Mr.Chow of HTC.

You was just praising them in the spring for their HTC One, what happened?

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
You was just praising them in the spring for their HTC One, what happened?
That comment was not directed at the HTC One. Personally I think the One is a great piece of hardware.I just think Mr.Chow is doing exactly what you expressed and will have the same end results.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know pc747 and I are off topic guys but please bare with us for a moment.I thought Mr.Chow said he would retire if the One didn't do well or something to that effect.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The other advantage to BBM is if you are texting with someone in a different country, it doesn't count as international

Sent from my Droid Maxx

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
The other advantage to BBM is if you are texting with someone in a different country, it doesn't count as international

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Neither does skyping.

BBM is dead and need to crawl under a rock and decompose.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

In other words in five or so years they haven't progressed much. Might just ignore my turn in line for the app (two days and ticking).

Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums