T-Mobile Brings Back 4 Lines with 10GB for All Promo; Only $120 Per Month

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Was hoping all these replies were discussing the topic, as I am somewhat interested and wanted to hear other peoples thoughts. I currently pay about $235 a month on T-Mobile with 4 lines, with 2 lines having unlimited data and the other 2 at 2 gigs of data a month (parents have the last 2 and they don't really need data).

I know at times I've gone well over 10 gigs, but I'm not sure if I've ever gone over 20. I would likely pay an extra $10 a month for $20 on my line if I paid significantly less than $235.
If you already have tmo then I don't see how saving money can be a bad thing.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yup. Idk how to mobile does it these days, but when I got my note 4, I was able to check my data usage for several months prior to getting it. I realized that I wasn't even using 2GB, so it'd cost me the same to drop unlimited & get on the device payment plan to get the phone sooner.

Check your usage & the cost. This seems like a solid deal to me.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Losing unlimited data is a big deal to me though. It puts my mind at ease knowing I don't have to worry about going over a certain amount of data. Looking on their website, it looks like you can add $10 to go up to 20 gigs a month, but it doesn't seem like you can add an extra 10$ to go to 30 gigs. That's probably my sweet spot as I was looking at my monthly data usage. While it varies and the lowest I've used in the last few months is 18 gigs, there were a few months with a little over 21 gigs.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm in the same boat. I just can't justify the $240 a year price increase.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If you only ever go over 20 once in a while, I'd think you'd be safe. It's not that hard to keep an eye on your usage. Since getting my new truck without satellite radio, I get closer to my 5GB a month. I set up the warning in the data usage settings & an a bit more careful about what I do when not on WiFi.

I've got great home internet though. I use well over 20GB on WiFi in addition to my data allowance.

Doesn't T mobile have rollover data now? I'd that not included in this?

Caesars

Reaction score
This plan is pretty baller for most families, I need unlimited myself.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

Domestic violence

Reaction score
Why can't TMo offer individual plans for $30/mo? I have family but not everyone wants to switch.

I'd snap that offer up right now for $30/mo with 10gb for myself

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Why can't TMo offer individual plans for $30/mo? I have family but not everyone wants to switch.

I'd snap that offer up right now for $30/mo with 10gb for myself
Why can't any of them?

Reactions: cr6

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Okay, just to clarify, they will charge you for the 4th line on the bill, but immediately credit it back. If you do not have 3/4/5+ lines, it's okay! For 2 lines, you'll be at $100/month. T-Mobile does have rollover data, a program called Data Stash. Right now every line comes with a one time 10gb of Stash data. That has to be used by the end of the year I believe. Once you have gone through the Stash, any leftover data from your original 10gb plan will go into the Stash and be available for a rolling year.

I did NINE new T-Mobile lines yesterday at work. That's huge for us, because T-Mobile has only been back in our WI stores for 3 months.

Oh, and my Tmo rep showed me a map that says by the end of 2015 all of Michigan will have coverage (couldn't zoom in to be sure, but you get the idea). There were also quite a few more areas Nationwide that will be lit up by 12/31 :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk