batterylife sucks

hasya101

Reaction score
Droid Comparison Chart - Computerworld

does any1 know why the battery life is shorter than the Droid 2´s? i mean.. More mAH, Smaller Display and also a lower resulution - seems like they want to make the phone´s batterylife worse on purpose. i mean, its the phone i have long been waiting for, (exept for amoled with high resolution :p ) but its a big compromise to the droid 2 just for having no sliderparts.

also what do you guys think the price will be? lot lower than Droid 2?

greez

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I've read it will actually cost $299.

As for the battery, there could be a number of reasons. It's more business oriented so it could be pulling alot of data. If it's polling more often then that will definately kill a battery, but that's just the first thing to come to mind. Different architecture, different results.

hacku

Reaction score
I've read it will actually cost $299.

Yes, that's the 2-year price before the $100 instant rebate, so it will be $199 like most other Droid phones... :D

verizon-rebate-system.jpg

StingRay

Reaction score
Droid Comparison Chart - Computerworld

does any1 know why the battery life is shorter than the Droid 2´s? i mean.. More mAH, Smaller Display and also a lower resulution - seems like they want to make the phone´s batterylife worse on purpose. i mean, its the phone i have long been waiting for, (exept for amoled with high resolution :p ) but its a big compromise to the droid 2 just for having no sliderparts.

also what do you guys think the price will be? lot lower than Droid 2?

greez

If the display is smaller and lower resolution, wouldn't that result in better battery life?