[Rumor] HTC Thunderbolt May be Getting a Smaller Cousin on Verizon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-thunderbolt-mini-2.jpg
htc-thunderbolt-mini-3.jpg

A rumor has been circling, based upon a "user agent profile", that the HTC Thunderbolt may have a smaller version coming to Verizon. The codename for the device is the HTC Mecha S, which if you will remember, the original codename for the Thunderbolt was the Mecha. Here's a quote from the Pocketnow.com article detailing it a bit more,
HTC may be preparing a smaller or cheaper version of the HTC Thunderbolt codenamed Mecha S, according to the user agent profile pictured above. UAprofs, as they are more commonly known, are used to convey a device's properties for purposes of web page rendering and MMS exchange. Since the UAprof for the Mecha S (S=small? Thunderbolt was codenamed just Mecha) shows this model offering only a 320 x 480 HVGA screen resolution, it is likely to be either a physically smaller handset, or one which is the same size but lower-end.
This will be interesting to see if it turns out to be true. It is also possible that it may not even come to Verizon, although that is probably unlikely. Here's the "UAprof" below, and we'll keep you informed.

htc-mecha-s.jpg

Source: ThunderboltForums via PocketNow

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
htc-thunderbolt-mini-2.jpg
htc-thunderbolt-mini-3.jpg

A rumor has been circling, based upon a "user agent profile", that the HTC Thunderbolt may have a smaller version coming to Verizon. The codename for the device is the HTC Mecha S, which if you will remember, the original codename for the Thunderbolt was the Mecha. Here's a quote from the Pocketnow.com article detailing it a bit more,
HTC may be preparing a smaller or cheaper version of the HTC Thunderbolt codenamed Mecha S, according to the user agent profile pictured above. UAprofs, as they are more commonly known, are used to convey a device's properties for purposes of web page rendering and MMS exchange. Since the UAprof for the Mecha S (S=small? Thunderbolt was codenamed just Mecha) shows this model offering only a 320 x 480 HVGA screen resolution, it is likely to be either a physically smaller handset, or one which is the same size but lower-end.
This will be interesting to see if it turns out to be true. It is also possible that it may not even come to Verizon, although that is probably unlikely. Here's the "UAprof" below, and we'll keep you informed.

htc-mecha-s.jpg

Source: ThunderboltForums via PocketNow

Wouldnt that be the incredible 2.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I would have loved if my Thunderbolt was about the same size as my incredible, this thing is huge in my pocket xP

loki993

Reaction score
Since the UAprof for the Mecha S (S=small? Thunderbolt was codenamed just Mecha) shows this model offering only a 320 x 480 HVGA screen resolution,Source: ThunderboltForums via PocketNow

Am I the only one that noticed that? Whats with killing the screen resolution? Hey look let make a great phone and then give it a screen resolution that was low a year ago. Cant you just make a phone with out at least one significant disadvantage so I dont have to choose whats going to annoy me less?