Battery wearing out

wolfman4u

Reaction score
The battery on my Nexus seems to be getting weaker by the day. Time between charges is getting noticeably sooner almost daily. Anyone else experiencing anything similar???

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Haven't noticed any significant changes with my battery.

You could try clearing the battery stats and see if that helps.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
As soon as I get a chance,gonna get 2 extened batts.These 1850s are not doing it for me.I need more power in my Capt.Kirk voice. :D

Reaction score
Crankintopwater69 said:
As soon as I get a chance,gonna get 2 extened batts.These 1850s are not doing it for me.I need more power in my Capt.Kirk voice. :D

where can I get a good deal on batteries?

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Crankintopwater69 said:

where can I get a good deal on batteries?
Ill wait for someone too answer that myself.I know VZW was and I hope still is letting them go half price.Anybody know if that deal is still good?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I know Verizon has those half price deals every so often, in fact, probably more often than anyone would've though :D

Just keep an eye out. I'm sure someone will mention it, it's nearing july 4th too, so could be a holiday sale.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know Verizon has those half price deals every so often, in fact, probably more often than anyone would've though :D

Just keep an eye out. I'm sure someone will mention it, it's nearing july 4th too, so could be a holiday sale.
We'll do

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The battery on my Nexus seems to be getting weaker by the day. Time between charges is getting noticeably sooner almost daily. Anyone else experiencing anything similar???

I'm not sure if your phone has the ability to charge with the power off, but if it does I suggest you first power down the phone, then plug in the stock charger, then allow it to charge to 100%. Once completely charged, remove it, power it up and use it until the phone signals a "Low battery" warning and tells you it's time to charge (usually around 15% - 20%). Once you reach the charge notification, power the phone down again and repeat the 100% charge with power off.

After this 3 step charge/discharge/charge process give it a couple of days of normal use and charging and let's see if it doesn't resolve the problem. I'd be interested in a report back if the charging with power off is an option for your phone, and if so once you've completed the charge cycling how it responds. Statistically over 90% of the batteries returned to manufacturers as "defective/bad" test as fully operational and the problem resides with the charging system or usage and charging patterns.

Good luck! :biggrin:

For the benefit of consolidation and information I am moving this thread to the Smartphone Battery Discussion forum. A permanent link to this thread will remain in the Galaxy Nexus Discussions Forum as well.