Droid Razr Sleep Mode Battery Issues

espana9495

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with the following problem: When I place my phone in sleep mode while I'm at work during the day or any other time and try to turn it on later (After 8 or 9 hours) the battery is completely dead. It just started doing this in the last couple weeks. Has anyone else experienced this or know what might be going on?

Thanks, J

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Definitely not normal. I'm going to move this post to the battery thread. I'm sure there will be help for you there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Can someone give this Op a hand. This result doesn't sound right, may be a rogue application...possibly rels?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jskinvest

Reaction score
I have noticed the same thing. For example I put the razr in sleep mode at 50%. Turn it back on 20 minutes later and the battery quickly drains to 20%.....without heavy use. There is definitely something wrong. Does anybody have any answers?

TomShea

Reaction score
I have the same problem. It started after the ICS update. I'll put my phone to sleep before I go to bed - then when I wake up, and do a long press on the power to bring it out of sleep mode, it won't wake up, because the battery is dead. I don't think it is a rogue app. I think it is an ICS bug with the RAZR ota release from Verizon. My impression, and I'm not sure if I'm correct, is that the droid razr ics release was touched by motorola before it rolled out to us via ota, otherwise we'd have had it back in January.