Battery for DROID RAZR question?

kjohn20072

Reaction score
My battery for my Druid RAZR dont even last hardly 5 to 6 hours what might be the problem. Plus during this time im hardly using the phone only texting a little bit.

YourKinkyGranny

Reaction score
is your android running ics 4.0.4 if so thats your problem many android users are have the same problems

OP
K

kjohn20072

Reaction score
Yea thats the version have what can i do to change it.

YourKinkyGranny

Reaction score
well iu can try geting a leak kernal .215 try googlimg dtuff about it it seems to help improve batery life. ur phone must be inrooted runing 4.0.4 ics kernel .211

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Try freezing the built in apps on your phone. That can save alot of battery . But only the ones you don't use

DamianD

Reaction score
Try freezing the built in apps on your phone. That can save alot of battery . But only the ones you don't use
How could you do that?
Is there a way to customize the OS startup, like it's on PC Windows(unchecking apps or something) ??

DamianD

Reaction score
Ah, I know, but I think a disabled app will become enable after every phone reboot and you have to disable it every time you starup...

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
DamianD said:
Ah, I know, but I think a disabled app will become enable after every phone reboot and you have to disable it every time you starup...

Oh well Im sorry about that then. I rarely turn my phone off. So im good with that.

Well some simple battery tips. Don't forget to calibrate your battery and also to not let it get really warm. You need to condition it. Also try to cut screen time as much as possible. Don't leave your homescreen on until it locks by itself, lock it your self. Multimedia also drains battery as does have a bright display. The more apps you have that use push notifications like email or facebook will also drain your battery. And having alot of widgets on your home screen will kill it as well!

Ill look in more depth about freezing your apps and how to make it permanent and stuff..

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
DamianD said:

on ICS your disabled apps will not be enabled every time you start your phone so you should be okay with that. It is one of the better features of ICS... to finally make that stuff disappear (even if it's not 100%).

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Your welcome. Also follow some of devildogs suggestions. Calibrate your meter by Power your phone off and charge until it is 100%. You can check the state of charge by pressing volume down. Once charged to 100%, turn on and use it till you get the low battery warning (about 10%), then power off again and charge til 100% with the phone off again. Then you can use and charge your phone as you please. It is recommended to do this cycle every 2-3 months.

Turn off notifications for emails, fb,twitter, etc that you don't need and change your emails to check for email as little as possible (every hour or every four hours or more is best).

Turn off data, Wi-Fi and sync when your not using it. Easiest way to do this is use the Smart Actions battery defender.

And make sure your phone is set to LTE / CDMA mode instead of global (it sets to global by default). Go to your phone settings --->more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

omnicom

Reaction score
Upgrade Your Droid Razr to a Razr Maxx

All of the suggestions in this thread are great but aren't all these functions a features that we are diabling, what make the phone so great. There is a much easier fix, extend your battery. You can get a Droid Razr Battery upgrade kit and get two and a half times the juice and keep all your feature and functions working as they are intended to. Checkout cellphone repair shop.com and you will find the kit.