1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery Issues and Email Notification in sleep mode

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by SmileDoc, Jun 12, 2010.

1. SmileDoc

SmileDoc New Member

Hello folks!

First and foremost, let me thank you all in advance for taking the time (hopefully) to read this...... dancedroid

I have had the HTC incredible for one week now.
    I am a very experienced "smart phone" user with many BB phones under my belt.

I have the "Advanced Task Killer" App and "Task Manager" App on my device.

I do not have Flickr or Facebook active.

I use the Power Widget and keep everything off except wi-fi when needed.

I just did a sleep button depress and left it that way for about 9 minutes.

Upon taking out of sleep mode I am viewing uptime and Awake time as follows:

Up Time 42
    Awake Time 33

I gather this is what I DO want to see? It is telling me it DID sleep the entire time after I depressed the sleep button, on top, until I depressed it again? Therefore, nothing is syncing or draining the battery that I am not aware of?

A second problem that perhaps you have found a fix (I hope):

This involves getting audible notifications or vibrations upon arrival of new emails while device is in sleep mode. I get none, only a flashing green LED light. Only when the device comes out of sleep mode will I get an audible notification (but not a vibration, even though I have vibration checked off in all my settings, email and global ones) when an email comes in.

When I am walking around, since the screen is sooo sensitive to every touch, I tend to put it in sleep mode, but then I miss any emails that come in. However a phone call will take it out of sleep mode and ring or vibrate depending on what mode I have it set for.

Is this what your experience has been?

I would like to get email notification (other than LED blinking) while in sleep mode as I do when a call comes in!!!

Any ideas / solutions??

Many, many thanks for any suggestions to a fellow "Incredible" user!

:)

Steve
Search tags for this page
android email sleep
android how to keep email notification on while on sleep mod
android notification in sleep mode
android notification in standby setting
does htc one has sleep mode notification features

droid battery mode notification

how do i get my htc inspire to sleep at night

how to keep your htc inspire from sleeping

how to set sleep mode inspire

htc one vx not receiving emails in sleep mode
why does my incredible 2 saying notification in sleep mode?