optical joystick to wake the incredible up from sleep mode .

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by Noobish, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Noobish

Noobish New Member

I am curious if anybody knows how to use the optical joystick to take the phone out of standby . I hate having to reach all the way up to the top of my phone to take it out of sleep mode then all the way to the bottom to slide to unlock . lazyness on my part most dkefinitely . Any ideas? is this possible ?
  2. Rphi3788

Rphi3788 New Member

Download no lock app
  3. Noobish

Noobish New Member

Just did. I like it a lot thanks. Any way to use optical joystick to wake screen up ?
  4. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Sure, by rooting with the Skyraider rom. LOL

Sorry, don't know of a way to do it without rooting.
  5. Rphi3788

Rphi3788 New Member

No lock does allows you to use the optical joystick..power button.. And the volume controls to wake up the phone
  6. Humpa

Humpa New Member

I use No Lock on the DX, but with the Inc I find that it wakes up a little too easily.
    So I now use Lock Bot. It does the exact same thing, except the lock screen is not bypassed (though you can delay the lockscreen) - so at least when I wake the phone up when it is in my pocket, it is still locked and thus not doing any pocket dialing.

There are also some options and configurable lockscreen themes in Lock Bot.
  7. albrst

albrst New Member

I tried both of those applications and couldn't get them to wake with the optical joystick.
  8. Humpa

Humpa New Member

I have both of those apps - and if I use either one, my Incredible wakes up with the joystick.
  9. albrst

albrst New Member

Is there a certain setting for it?
  10. Humpa

Humpa New Member

No.

Though mine is acting up now and won't wake up with the volume now either ... hmmm
  11. dobro

dobro New Member

Widget Locker will allow you to use the trackball switch to wake up the phone....only problem is that it's a bit inconsistent on the Incredible. The developer is aware of the problem and working on it, but I suspect it's a limitation of the unrooted dinc.

I'd guess the switch works maybe 60% of the time with WL...so I turned it off - but I kept WL because I found it useful without that feature.
  12. Humpa

Humpa New Member

On LockBot, click Menu button > Config > then uncheck the "Prevent Wake Up" option. That will then wake the phone up with any button press. I had undid that option for some reason. Now the trackpad wakes up my Inc again.
  13. Humpa

Humpa New Member

I think I'll try that - I've uninstalled LockBot, though it sounds like WL has the same inconsistency. But at least WL might have an active developer.

I just have a stock Inc, with the default sense home/launcher. Do these lock apps work better or worse with launcherpro? I've been meaning to set up launcherpro on my Inc, but just haven't gotten around to it.
  14. webby

webby New Member

Thanks for the app tips, everyone. I am going to check out the various no lock apps mentioned.

I just got my brand new Incredible off ebay yesterday, love it, and have been busy setting it up and tweaking it. Within one hour of activating the phone, my Froyo 2.2 update showed up from Verizon. Hubba Hubba! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Here is a related tip ... You can bypass the lock screen with the 99 cent Battery Indicator Pro. The app is a very good one for battery monitoring, and has that plus feature of being able to disable the screen lock feature.

I really find the placement of the on/off button on the top left of the phone a bit odd and inconvenient. Since most people are right handed and thus hold the phone in their left hand so they can use their right hand for touch screen activities, I think the on/off button on the top right is most logical, but I will adapt.
  15. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

i really want this too. i've been considering if i need to root and rom this phone (sense didnt leave out too much), but if skyraider has this feature i might have to.
  16. Humpa

Humpa New Member

I went back to using "No Lock". It has zero config options, but it also just works.
    You can run the app or the widget. It has two settings. On and Off. That's it. When "locking disabled", any physical button will wake the phone and bypass the lock. With "locking enabled" it is just like it normal.

The problem(?) with the Inc is that the volume controls are super easy to press accidentally, and thus wake the phone.
Search tags for this page

droid incredible optical joystick wake

how to wake up htc incredible

htc incredible optical joystick

htc incredible optical joystick wake

htc incredible trackball wake

htc incredible trackball wake up
htc incredible trackpad wake
optical joystick htc incredible
optical joystick screen on
optical joystick wake
what is the optical joystick on droid incredible