optical joystick to wake the incredible up from sleep mode .

Noobish

Reaction score
I am curious if anybody knows how to use the optical joystick to take the phone out of standby . I hate having to reach all the way up to the top of my phone to take it out of sleep mode then all the way to the bottom to slide to unlock . lazyness on my part most dkefinitely . Any ideas? is this possible ?

OP
N

Noobish

Reaction score
Just did. I like it a lot thanks. Any way to use optical joystick to wake screen up ?

Rphi3788

Reaction score
No lock does allows you to use the optical joystick..power button.. And the volume controls to wake up the phone

Humpa

Reaction score
I use No Lock on the DX, but with the Inc I find that it wakes up a little too easily.
So I now use Lock Bot. It does the exact same thing, except the lock screen is not bypassed (though you can delay the lockscreen) - so at least when I wake the phone up when it is in my pocket, it is still locked and thus not doing any pocket dialing.

There are also some options and configurable lockscreen themes in Lock Bot.

albrst

Reaction score
I tried both of those applications and couldn't get them to wake with the optical joystick.

Humpa

Reaction score
I tried both of those applications and couldn't get them to wake with the optical joystick.
I have both of those apps - and if I use either one, my Incredible wakes up with the joystick.

dobro

Reaction score
Widget Locker will allow you to use the trackball switch to wake up the phone....only problem is that it's a bit inconsistent on the Incredible. The developer is aware of the problem and working on it, but I suspect it's a limitation of the unrooted dinc.

I'd guess the switch works maybe 60% of the time with WL...so I turned it off - but I kept WL because I found it useful without that feature.

Humpa

Reaction score
Is there a certain setting for it?
On LockBot, click Menu button > Config > then uncheck the "Prevent Wake Up" option. That will then wake the phone up with any button press. I had undid that option for some reason. Now the trackpad wakes up my Inc again.

Humpa

Reaction score
Widget Locker will allow you to use the trackball switch to wake up the phone....only problem is that it's a bit inconsistent on the Incredible. The developer is aware of the problem and working on it, but I suspect it's a limitation of the unrooted dinc.

I'd guess the switch works maybe 60% of the time with WL...so I turned it off - but I kept WL because I found it useful without that feature.
I think I'll try that - I've uninstalled LockBot, though it sounds like WL has the same inconsistency. But at least WL might have an active developer.

I just have a stock Inc, with the default sense home/launcher. Do these lock apps work better or worse with launcherpro? I've been meaning to set up launcherpro on my Inc, but just haven't gotten around to it.

webby

Reaction score
Thanks for the app tips, everyone. I am going to check out the various no lock apps mentioned.

I just got my brand new Incredible off ebay yesterday, love it, and have been busy setting it up and tweaking it. Within one hour of activating the phone, my Froyo 2.2 update showed up from Verizon. Hubba Hubba! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Here is a related tip ... You can bypass the lock screen with the 99 cent Battery Indicator Pro. The app is a very good one for battery monitoring, and has that plus feature of being able to disable the screen lock feature.

I really find the placement of the on/off button on the top left of the phone a bit odd and inconvenient. Since most people are right handed and thus hold the phone in their left hand so they can use their right hand for touch screen activities, I think the on/off button on the top right is most logical, but I will adapt.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i really want this too. i've been considering if i need to root and rom this phone (sense didnt leave out too much), but if skyraider has this feature i might have to.