Audio alert for texting when on 'sleep' mode?

MisterBibs

Reaction score
So I'm loving my DI, but I'm noticing that when the phone is in sleep mode (assuming that Sleep Mode is 'When one presses the on/off button so that the screen turns off), I don't get audio / vibe alerts for things such as incoming mail or texts. They are enabled in the settings.

Is there a way to do this? I keep my phone in sleep mode to avoid dialing accidentally in my pocket, but I'd like to be alerted to when I get texts and emails.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I'm loving my DI, but I'm noticing that when the phone is in sleep mode (assuming that Sleep Mode is 'When one presses the on/off button so that the screen turns off), I don't get audio / vibe alerts for things such as incoming mail or texts. They are enabled in the settings.

Is there a way to do this? I keep my phone in sleep mode to avoid dialing accidentally in my pocket, but I'd like to be alerted to when I get texts and emails.

Something is wrong in the settings or you have another issue. Mine has always given audible alerts when it's in sleep mode.

If you get mail and don't respond to the first audio alert it will not send out another audio alert as you get more mail. Perhaps that's the issue?

kmo

Reaction score
It should work, go into your menu/settings/sound display and check the notifications sound settings, make sure your media volume is up too if you haven't done so already. Should do it...