RAZR Battery Sleep issues

B

Bakerboy448

Long story short, I put my RAZR to sleep when i'm at school and turn it on a few hours later and occasionally a few other times.

Stats from Battery Widget Monitor for today
07:43 99%
[sleep]
10:32 85%
11:07 76%
[sleep]
13:20 65%
13:48 56%
[sleep]
15:19 47%

my question is, is the percentage being used while the razr is supposedly 'asleep' (which it is, i tap the volume rocker to make sure the screen doesnt come on) right? or is there an issue with my phone.. I had just foxkatted it last week. though I did to a FDR over the weekend due to my phone lagging like crazy even when only listening to music.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Long story short, I put my RAZR to sleep when i'm at school and turn it on a few hours later and occasionally a few other times.

Stats from Battery Widget Monitor for today
07:43 99%
[sleep]
10:32 85%
11:07 76%
[sleep]
13:20 65%
13:48 56%
[sleep]
15:19 47%

my question is, is the percentage being used while the razr is supposedly 'asleep' (which it is, i tap the volume rocker to make sure the screen doesnt come on) right? or is there an issue with my phone.. I had just foxkatted it last week. though I did to a FDR over the weekend due to my phone lagging like crazy even when only listening to music.
My understanding is when you put your phone into sleep mode you are only turning off wireless connections. If you have an app running it the background that tries to connect to wifi or other wireless connection then it will continue to search for that connection thus running down you battery. Syncing email, checking Facebook...any app/widget that looks to sync data at certain intervals will continue to do so even in sleep mode. Maybe that is the problem.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bakerboy448

from what i gather sleep mode is defined as: Sleep sends it into some low-power sleep [?deepsleep?] and shuts down the radios
and i just checked my cpu states with betterbatterystats and only 53seconds of deep sleep but 6hours in 300Mhz... so the question is why didnt it go into deep sleep like it normally and should do.