Battery usage question

WPThunder25

Reaction score
While looking at my battery usage it said 77% email and 6% screen backlight. I don't know if they are just switched on my phone but that seems like a high amount for email and a very small amount for the backlight.

droider4life

Reaction score
Wow... ya I have never seen that on mine before. Even on heavy email days.. do you have the sync on? Or an email stuck in your outbox?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
While looking at my battery usage it said 77% email and 6% screen backlight. I don't know if they are just switched on my phone but that seems like a high amount for email and a very small amount for the backlight.

You didn't by any chance charge your phone, answer some emails, and then check battery usage, did you? You do realize that the percentages are the percent used of the battery that has been used since the last charge, right?

Sorry if that's elementary. I've noticed that some people are unaware that you can use 10% of your battery, check battery use and have it report exclusively the activity you've been engaged in.

droider4life

Reaction score
I think ur right on, on that one jsh at least it makes sense to me.. and also explains why I haven't ever seen it before.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
My phone was down to 30% of battery when I checked.

I think most people who've had Droids for more than a few weeks can point to at least one anomaly with regard to battery use. In my case, I put my phone on the charger one night and found it had spent seven hours and (according to the battery monitor) had only gained about 10% of its charge. And I've had a few cases where Beautiful Widgets was listed as the most battery intensive application on my phone.

Best advice I can give you is to (a) power cycle (off/on) your phone on a regular basis (I do so every day, or so) and (b) simply ignore isolated oddities unless they recur.

In your case it's entirely possible that your email synchronization got caught in a loop of some sort and went crazy trying to get email. Whether that problem was in the app on your phone or the email server is something you'll probably never determine unless it happens repeatedly.

ricks

Reaction score
One time my battery was draining real fast, faster than normal until I saw an e-mail stuck on sending on G-Mail. Once I cancelled it, it went back to normal.