Droid browser using tons of battery

Mike S.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Having a problem. My droid browser (stock browser) is *sometimes* using a ton of battery. I do minor browsing...cnn, local news..etc. Sometimes I'll pick up my phone after being idle for 5-6 hours and it will be down to 20%. Its happend a handful of times. Just did it tonight. When I look up the battery usage, "droid browser" was at 77%. WOW...this thing is chewing battery while idle.

Any ideas?

SGTiger

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Having a problem. My droid browser (stock browser) is *sometimes* using a ton of battery. I do minor browsing...cnn, local news..etc. Sometimes I'll pick up my phone after being idle for 5-6 hours and it will be down to 20%. Its happend a handful of times. Just did it tonight. When I look up the battery usage, "droid browser" was at 77%. WOW...this thing is chewing battery while idle.

Any ideas?

If you leave it on a website like google.com and have it configured to automatically find your location, then you will probably see the gps icon in the top status bar often. This will cause the browser to eat battery like crazy.