Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Tried only using theater mode on my G watch last night. 64% when I went to bed, 53% when I woke up. Not bad. It was at around 35% when I decided to shut it off around 5pm.

It's a testament to how much I rely on it now though, because I checked my naked wrist multiple times tonight, even just to see what time it was while I was out.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
A little late but I put mine on the charger every night. And since the newness has worn off I leave it at home when I go to work, can't wear it on the floor. But I do miss it. It's come in more handy than I thought and I could probably go 2 1/2 days on a charge with my usage. Although some watch faces hit the battery harder than expected.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tried only using theater mode on my G watch last night. 64% when I went to bed, 53% when I woke up. Not bad. It was at around 35% when I decided to shut it off around 5pm.

It's a testament to how much I rely on it now though, because I checked my naked wrist multiple times tonight, even just to see what time it was while I was out.

Theater Mode?
Please elaborate.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Turns the screen off & mutes notifications on the watch.

Thanks. Kinda makes it more like the Fit I've got.
Can you still set it to show the time when you twist your wrist in theater mode?
I'm starting to "outgrow" my Fit I fear so I'm asking questions about others and y'all stating getting more than 1 day of battery with above normal usage has me intrigued.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thanks. Kinda makes it more like the Fit I've got.
Can you still set it to show the time when you twist your wrist in theater mode?
I'm starting to "outgrow" my Fit I fear so I'm asking questions about others and y'all stating getting more than 1 day of battery with above normal usage has me intrigued.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
I believe you can only turn the screen on with a tap in theater mode. That's kind of the point of that mode, so the screen isn't coming on in a dark theater or elsewhere and disturbing people.

You CAN set the screen to always off, then turn on tilt to wake. If you didn't want notifications to come through, you can mute the watch along with that.

I turned off the tilt to wake feature after about the first day. With "Screen always on" turned on, you get the time in ambient mode, which allows it to function as a regular watch without having to flick your wrist just right. When I had the tilt feature on, the watch kept going into bright mode with almost every movement of my arm and got annoying.

You'll see me complain in other threads about the lack of attention to what faces I've downloaded look like in ambient mode. To me, a smartWATCH should be a watch first and foremost. I get the approximately 2 days of use while using ambient mode the entire time, so I get annoyed when I download a cool face that turns out to be ugly for the majority of the day due to its ambient mode not being given the same attention as the bright mode.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks again. I didn't even last a day with tilt on just trying to understand theater mode better. My mind sees it as "manner mode" on a phone and the lack of twist to screen on makes sense. Like I wrote before my Fit has no noise capability and I'd have to intentionally set the screen timer to always on for it to stay on, no theater mode capability.
Do notifications vibrate on the watch or just sort of ignore like when a phone is set to silent mode?
B o t, I can truly see theater mode making a difference in battery life but at the same time when I get a gazillion notifications on mine the vibrate motor seems to eat more battery that day.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Notifications vibrate. No option right now to turn that off or on. It doesn't vibrate in theater mode, nor does it vibrate in Mute mode (screen on, but no notifications coming through).

An option to turn off vibrate would be nice sometimes. Thinking even farther into the future, an option to select which apps vibrate would be really awesome.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see my watch battery life show up in the connected icon on my phone in the pull down area. Something like this
349ed0d4c8956deeb1bf1b34e3359179.jpg
d3d64d176face2ad2e02a62fc3f52369.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1423511417191.png

Ok TT attached the photo 3 times.
Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Best we have is within the companion app. Of course, the battery percentage also shows up in the pull down on the watch.

Also, Wtf? Fit is still using my battery after I disabled it...
ef214a0e5bb13c09382d496b7fecad01.jpg

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
*sigh.... me too. Same 2%, Time to find the Google Product forum and mention this...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Best we have is within the companion app. Of course, the battery percentage also shows up in the pull down on the watch.

Also, Wtf? Fit is still using my battery after I disabled it...
ef214a0e5bb13c09382d496b7fecad01.jpg

I can go to settings on my watch to see my battery but it'd be nice to see it on the phone and I haven't found a companion app like my Jawbone has or the one you mentioned.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Gear Fit app doesn't have that but I've written Samsung and suggested it be added.
Dude screen coming in third of 3 in your stats? That's just cool