Battery starts out amazing, but gets horrible after a few days?

OP
T

Tracey4

Reaction score
Ok, ran safe mode and it helped but still some apps were running. So I did a reset last night. Only downloaded one app and it doesn't use location or anything crazy. So far 9hours unplugged and I'm at 89%. Turned off location just to be safe. I'll update in a few days.

seang

Reaction score
if you are rooted, go into recovery, fix permissions, wipe dalvik and cache.
always helps my battery life on a fresh rom.

OP
T

Tracey4

Reaction score
Omg so frustrated. Today woke up to see I'm already at 83% after 5 hours of no use. I wonder if something is wrong with my phone?

brand

Reaction score
Omg so frustrated. Today woke up to see I'm already at 83% after 5 hours of no use. I wonder if something is wrong with my phone?

That's how mine was as well. I think I just got a lemon. I was reading reviews of the G2 battery outpacing the massive Droid Maxx battery life in tests. Then there was my G2, which I could watch lose 1% a minute while just browsing the internet. Thankfully I can return mine since I'm still within my 14 days.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Starting out day #3 with 33% battery after a single charge. I thought my Razr Maxx had great battery life but this is phenominal.

Some things that I have found that help to save battery life.

1. Ditch the Gmail screen widget (not the app) if you use it. Has always seemed to be a huge battery hog.
2. Set weather updates to every 6 hours or more.
3. Set facebook app to update either on demand or the maximum time limit.
4. Set google + to update photos only when plugged in and on WiFi
5. Set screen brightness to 45% and "auto"
6. Go into networks and make sure you are set to LTE/CDMA. The default is "global" and supposedly kills battery searching for networks in weak signal areas.
7. Turn off NFC and Android beam
8. If you like to keep WiFi turned off, go into "advanced WiFi" settings and check "Internet Unavailable" and "WiFi optimization". I also check "Keep WiFi on during sleep only when plugged in".

Hope that helps.

David

OP
T

Tracey4

Reaction score
Starting out day #3 with 33% battery after a single charge. I thought my Razr Maxx had great battery life but this is phenominal.

Some things that I have found that help to save battery life.

1. Ditch the Gmail screen widget (not the app) if you use it. Has always seemed to be a huge battery hog.
2. Set weather updates to every 6 hours or more.
3. Set facebook app to update either on demand or the maximum time limit.
4. Set google + to update photos only when plugged in and on WiFi
5. Set screen brightness to 45% and "auto"
6. Go into networks and make sure you are set to LTE/CDMA. The default is "global" and supposedly kills battery searching for networks in weak signal areas.
7. Turn off NFC and Android beam
8. If you like to keep WiFi turned off, go into "advanced WiFi" settings and check "Internet Unavailable" and "WiFi optimization". I also check "Keep WiFi on during sleep only when plugged in".

Hope that helps.

David

Thank you, will be trying this. I do use gmail widget so maybe that's it? I dunno. I should still be under warranty maybe I should go to Tmobile.

brand

Reaction score
Thank you, will be trying this. I do use gmail widget so maybe that's it? I dunno. I should still be under warranty maybe I should go to Tmobile.

You can always try the suggestions and if it doesn't help dramatically then bring it in. I think I got a lemon. It is not nearly as responsive as the couple other G2's I have played with. There is even lag opening up apps and that's not right for this phone. Bad ones slip through on occasion.

OP
T

Tracey4

Reaction score
Just wanted to update. So I took it in to tmobile and the guy said that should not be happening and he has had no complaints. My replacement came Monday. I am now at 17% after 32 hours! I hope this continues. While the battery didn't stay at above 90% for long like the old phone clearly it lasted. Battery is not draining while the phone is not in use. I've got Google now on too.

OP
T

Tracey4

Reaction score
Well I've been getting about 36 hours of one charge. I'm at 71% right now after 22hours. I hope this keeps up. I've got Google now on and it seems to be in full force.