Battery starts out amazing, but gets horrible after a few days?

Discussion in 'LG G2' started by Tracey4, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Tracey4

Tracey4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I have been experiencing this issue since i got my g2 about a month or two ago. The battery will be amazing for a few days lasting 36 plus hours. Then quickly it will stop being so great. I'll take it off the charger at 2 am and wake up at 6 to see it at 85% even though wasn't in use. Then I'll have it in my pocket all day with minimum use and it'll be at 40% at 3:30 pm. Then I'll have to charge it again before bed where before I could go a whole other night without charging it. I have reset my phone at least 5times and every time it starts out great then goes bad. I tried turning off Google now. I tried setting maps to not follow me. I even turned off gps. I tried with and without WiFi. I'm just so frustrated. I downloaded wakelock detector but don't really understand it. Says 12minutes for system manager and the other apps are at 40 sec or below. Can anyone help? I have the charger that came with my phone but I have a bunch of Motorola chargers that I also use. I didnt think that mattered but figured I mention it.

2. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    Install GSam battery monitor. It will provide you more info about thew apps using the battery. My though is excessive syncing, (mail, weather etc.)

3. emfayard

emfayard New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Use snapdragon battery guru.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

4. Xfactorx316

Xfactorx316 Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I get really good battery life right now (on my Note 3), but I've heard several people talking about this program. I've used GSAM in the past to diagnose issues on my Razr. Does it give as detailed information as GSAM?

5. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    Battery Guru is intended for Snapdragon processor phone in order to manage battery use. It doesn't provide much infor about what uses the battery but does allow a lot of control over how some apps use the battery.

6. Xfactorx316

Xfactorx316 Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I'll continue recommending people to use GSAM then! Most of the the folks I talk to aren't necessarily looking to just extend their battery but want to know what is actually draining it (especially when they were getting great battery life).

7. Tracey4

Tracey4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, first it said Facebook was using the most power so I deleted it. Now it says some other random app is using power, but it's not an app that has to sync or anything. I killed it so I I'll see what happens.

8. Tracey4

Tracey4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update: So here are the stats I am getting after deleting the 2 apps that used the most power. I am at 76% battery at 5 hours unplugged. Screen has only been on 32 minutes. That says it accounts for 48% of battery loss? I haven't been using the phone much at all. So far deleting those apps has not helped my power.

9. Robster

Robster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I would recommend doing a factory reset. Wipe it all and start from fresh. You may have an app that is acting weird or buggy. I had that happen once on my DNA and I couldn't figure out what was killing my battery so fast so I wiped and started fresh. It has worked fine ever since.

10. Tracey4

Tracey4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm certainly willing but I've done that at least 5times. The first few days it always fixes it But then it goes back to being bad. Should I not download any apps?

11. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    It's worth a try to run as stock as possible to see if the problem reappears.

12. tjrssibelle

tjrssibelle New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Before doing a factory reset, try running into safe mode for a couple days (this would disable any third party apps)...if your battery improve then you can do the reset and download one app at a time and monitor the battery to identify the culprit....this might take a while if you use lots of apps

Sent from my VERIZON LG G2

Search tags for this page
can i use batteru guru even if my android phone is not snapdragon
lg g2 screen brightness problem#gsc.tab

snapdragon battery guru lg g2

system manager killing battery android lg g2