I guess batteries do wear out

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Mine was starting to act strangely. I have it on the wireless charger and it would take forever to charge. So I plugged it into the wall charger and it charged a little faster but still not as fast as I remember it charging before. So I took it out and replaced it with a new backup. After ten minutes on the wall charger, it was over 40% charged. When I looked at the old battery, I noticed it was bulged out top and bottom at lease 2 milimeters. That bulge didn't look good. I wonder if wireless charging is to blame or is just wore out. Any thoughts?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
How old is it?

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
This batter came with the phone that I got June of last year.

I'm also wondering about the wireless charger. It seems to charge really really slowly. Do those wear out??

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is it a third-party wireless charger, or one from Samsung?

That's not even a year. A battery should definitely last that long at the VERY least. Defective battery, maybe? I'd keep an eye on the new one in case it's a defective phone...

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
It's a Samsung charger. It's 2 1/2:" square. Got it at Amazon. I just ordered a new battery. I'll use this one as a spare and see how long the new one lasts. I knew the wireless charging was slowing than a direct line in, but I didn't think it was supposed to be quite that slow.

wcjeep

Reaction score
My S5 battery nearly went two years. I noticed the bumper case started to feel different. Battery was slightly bulged. I normally charge with LG qi charger.

Just upgraded to S7 and fast wireless charging.