Battery Question

InfiniteLoop

Reaction score
How long should I expect my battery to last before it needs charged on average? I bought my droid less than a week ago and the battery lasts at most 2 days. Is that normal? Maybe I'm using it more than normal, I don't know.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Lots of discussion on that topic here, search is your friend.

I would say from your description that what you're seeing is normal.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Some people have reported having to charge every 4-8 hours. I get about 2 days as well which seems to be near the top-end of battery life people have reported. Hard to believe you could get much more than that unless you never use the phone.

ICHIGO

Reaction score
I have found that if you just use it for low end texting and phone calls I have had more than 4 days but soon as i start doing anything specially apps that use the 3d hardware it goes down fast. like I can play robodefense for maybe 2 hours before the droid starts asking for power.

mrschmitz

Reaction score
<rant>I've never understood why people don't just go ahead and charge their phones EVERY NIGHT. You sleep, recharge your phone at the same time. </rant>

It does not hurt the Droid battery to do so, and you will be happier with the battery life.

superglen99

Reaction score
yeah I charge the battery while I sleep. it's the whole reason I got the multimedia dock, I use it as my alarm clock and it charges, works perfect