What's with My Battery?

JDH

Reaction score
Original Droid Turbo, In that last week my battery is not even lasting all day. I charge overnight and take off charger about 7 am, by 7 pm I'm down to 15%. This battery has always lasted more than 24 hours even though it was touted for 48 hours. That never happened. Looking at the battery usage shows Cell standby as the villain most of the time but even wifi was the culprit once I have not done the re calibration steps yet. Has anyone had a battery replacement on a turbo? I was hoping top get at least another year from this unit.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
whats with your battery? It does the same things we humans do, get old and get worn out quicker.

you may have to start carrying around a battery pack or charger if you want to keep using the phone.

One thing you can try, is to clear out the system cache. It helped me with my battery issue after the last update to nougat. I do not know what android version you have so the following is for marshmallow. no matter the version, the first few steps should be the same.

• Power off your device.
  • Press and hold the Power and Volume button at the same time till you notice the Fastboot menu on the screen.
  • With the help of the Volume keys, highlight Recovery and use the Power key to confirm your selection.
  • When the screen shows the Android bot on its back, then press the power and volume key together just once and you will be on the Recovery menu.
  • Use the Volume keys once again to highlight Wipe Cache Partition and use the Power key to select the highlighted option.
  • Once the system cache has been deleted, reboot your device and your device should begin creating fresh system cache.

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have done many cache partition wipes u, and always do FDR after is upgrade. Android 6.0.1
Yesterday it was back to normal on the battery issue but I have been having Blu tooth problems now. Oh well

xdegenerate

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Grand Prime
With batteries they are always going to end up that way as most people don't use them as intended. (its not your fault, we all skip the fine print on things)

I'd suggest buying a new battery. Just take a look at yours and find a compatible one to buy.

Once you have it, the way they are supposed to be used is something like

fully charge it to at least 99% then let it drain completely. From then on recharge it only to about 97-98% and don't charge any further, then only recharge it more when it's down to about 8%.

You will find all sorts of numbers of percentage all over the internet, I usually just round it off to between 10%-90%.
Most of the time people just plug in their phones over night, and it hits 100% charged and remains charging for hours after that, and that causes damage to the battery and causes what you described and a million other things. Also, don't let the phone die out, I can't remember the reason, but it puts some strain on the battery too.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
With batteries they are always going to end up that way as most people don't use them as intended. (its not your fault, we all skip the fine print on things)

I'd suggest buying a new battery. Just take a look at yours and find a compatible one to buy.

Once you have it, the way they are supposed to be used is something like

fully charge it to at least 99% then let it drain completely. From then on recharge it only to about 97-98% and don't charge any further, then only recharge it more when it's down to about 8%.

You will find all sorts of numbers of percentage all over the internet, I usually just round it off to between 10%-90%.
Most of the time people just plug in their phones over night, and it hits 100% charged and remains charging for hours after that, and that causes damage to the battery and causes what you described and a million other things. Also, don't let the phone die out, I can't remember the reason, but it puts some strain on the battery too.
Since the OP has a Droid Turbo, user replacement batteries are not really an option. That phone, like many other modern phones, has a built in sealed battery.

Also, Moto recommends never draining the battery and charging the phone to 100% with the original charger and leaving it on the charger for at least 30 minutes after reaching 100%, for the best battery life and calibration.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Since the OP has a Droid Turbo, user replacement batteries are not really an option. That phone, like many other modern phones, has a built in sealed battery.

Also, Moto recommends never draining the battery and charging the phone to 100% with the original charger and leaving it on the charger for at least 30 minutes after reaching 100%, for the best battery life and calibration.

I wonder how many users break that rule :) I know I would. I tend to put my phone on the charger and forget it until needed.

Rachael Alice

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Lenovo vibe k6
Please avoid some silly mistakes which you can do with your phone battery like

Don't overcharged it. whenever it complete 100%^ charge then unplug it without forgot
Do use phone while charging
Do not unplug your phone from soket between uncompleted charge.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Please avoid some silly mistakes which you can do with your phone battery like

Don't overcharged it. whenever it complete 100%^ charge then unplug it without forgot
Do use phone while charging
Do not unplug your phone from soket between uncompleted charge.

and I don't follow any of those rules and my phone still lives :)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the reply. I have done many cache partition wipes u, and always do FDR after is upgrade. Android 6.0.1
Yesterday it was back to normal on the battery issue but I have been having Blu tooth problems now. Oh well
How have things been running with your Turbo and the battery lately JDH? Back to more normal Turbo battery stats? This thread kind of veered off topic. Hopefully things are running better again. A good friend of mine has a Turbo, well into it's second year, and still getting all day battery on his.

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Haven't been on the forum for a while, but the battery has a mind of its own. Some days it will run down to 15% by 11:30 or so and some days it's at 50-60% . Cell standby is usually the biggest draw with screen second. I have on a few occasions had to charge before bed but my phone is on from 7am to 11:30-12pm which is a fairly long day.
This turbo Is a really great phone and it serves me well. The specs are still competitive with most newer phones out there so it will be with me till the battery takes a dump.