Battery Pull - How often for you?

Cowpoke

Reaction score
I had the opposite situation. i was having to pull the bat because of a complete lockup about every other day until the 2.01 update, I think I have only once since (And I think the issue there was the bat was not fully engaged due to the door falling off inside a case.)

msheldon

Reaction score
I had to do it a few times, all seemed related to missedcall. I unistalled it, and haven't had to do it since then.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I've never had to do one. I've got a fair number of apps installed (20-30) but wouldn't consider myself a "heavy" user - browse the web, pandora, few phone calls, check the weather, etc.

crspang

Reaction score
I've never had to do a battery pull. I have about 90 apps installed and I'm running the bugless 950 ROM v7.2 clocked down to 800. No force closes before I had this ROM or after. I also use ATK but I don't use missed call or handcent or any home replacements.

ShowTime

Reaction score
I don't really think posting how many times or how often any of us have to do a battery pull (never for me :biggrin:) is helpful to the OP, now that it's clear his issue isn't normal.
If it was just since your update to 2.0.1, then it is not at all normal. I'd try uninstalling all the apps you've bought/downloaded (not any that came on the phone or came with the update) and, first see if your phone is more stable, then add them back one every day or two and see if you can track down which app might be causing the problems. If that doesn't work, I'd try a factory reset and see about getting the update and apps all over again to see if it helps (don't worry if you payed for some apps as they are tied to your gmail account so you won't have to pay for them again). If none of that worked and you're still having such stability problems, I'd take the phone in to verizon.

deputc26

Reaction score
I've done it thrice, all due to running at 1.1ghz. Oh wait now I see above post ah well...

billyk

Reaction score
Twice for me in the past week - but that's it in about 6 weeks of ownership. I only have a handful of apps installed and the timing of installing them doesn't seem to correlate to the "Dead Droid Battery Pull".

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The best thing for you to try may be the Factory reset in Settings / Privacy settings / Factory data reset. It really helps any issue you may be having and it's simple to reload the apps. Like everyone says, there's a list when you go back to the Marketplace, but only load one at a time if you still need to troubleshoot.

NVash

Reaction score
Almost daily. I get tired of how often the Droid freezes and I have to pull out the battery. But then again, sometimes I think its just me and I dont have the patience to let the app force close.