Battery Pull - How often for you?

droid100

Reaction score
Since updating to 2.0.1, my droid has performed much worse than it did initially. It seems sluggish and force closes seem to be more common, but whatever, I'll deal. This problem seems different and has me a little worried...

I've now hit some bug that causes the phone to stop responding all together and requires me to pull the battery. The light is blinking like i have a new email but sliding the keyboard out, holding the power button and touching the screen won't get it to respond. It's dead.

It works fine after I pull the battery for a while but it will no doubt happen randomly again in a few days/weeks...

Does this happen to anyone else? If so, how often?

ShowTime

Reaction score
Did you install any apps right before this started? Or has it only been going on since you put 2.1 on? What guide did you follow when you rooted and "upgraded"? I haven't had this problem, but I'm also not rooted. Just trying to help follow the bread crumbs.

OP
D

droid100

Reaction score
Sorry, I actually wrote that up incorrectly. It's on 2.0.1, the over the air update... NOT the Nexus One OS.

Sorry if I set off false alarms...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry your having an issue, but I'm happy to tell you I've never needed to do a battery pull. Had my Droid since late November.

OP
D

droid100

Reaction score
Lot's of apps... gmail, gvoice, gchat, two corporate email inboxes, last.fm, google listen, etc etc etc.

They're not all simultaneously running but its about 15-20 installed.

Does this log crash dumps? or do any kind of logging?

Edit: To add, I'm a heavy data user, receive lots of emails, stream music, watch videos and use the web a lot...

BIG TEX

Reaction score
I've done one battery pull. Don't know why my Droid froze up but it hasn't happened since so I'm sure it was something I did and not my Droid.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've done one or two pulls, but they were always app related... Got my phone on the day it was released and that's about the worst trouble I've had with it. This. phone. rocks.

FoFa

Reaction score
Pulled mine one time, rebooted twice.
But mine has that flaky laying on it's back thing.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've done one or two pulls, but they were always app related... Got my phone on the day it was released and that's about the worst trouble I've had with it. This. phone. rocks.

That's not even close to normal. If it were my phone, I'd do a real good backup of all my data and then do a factory reset (I don't remember how to do this, but it can be found easily with a search). Then reload your apps one at time and see where the problems begins. You can then trace it back hopefully. You have some programs not playing well with others and your system may be a little corrupted (thus the factory reset). Good luck and keep us posted.

Colety

Reaction score
Since updating to 2.0.1, my droid has performed much worse than it did initially. It seems sluggish and force closes seem to be more common, but whatever, I'll deal. This problem seems different and has me a little worried...

I've now hit some bug that causes the phone to stop responding all together and requires me to pull the battery. The light is blinking like i have a new email but sliding the keyboard out, holding the power button and touching the screen won't get it to respond. It's dead.

It works fine after I pull the battery for a while but it will no doubt happen randomly again in a few days/weeks...

Does this happen to anyone else? If so, how often?
I had a few days where I was pulling 4 times a day. I removed and app that was a task killer/system monitor/stat collector (really don't want to mention the specific app in case it was only my machine) and have not done one in three weeks.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i have not done a single battery pull since i got the phone the week it was released.

i am a very heavy data user, also use about 2500 minutes a month. i have close to 100 apps installed and have never had the phone lock up or need a battery pull.

i have rebooted the phone a few times but never needed a batt pull to get the phone to respond.

bigthinker

Reaction score
I've NEVER done a battery pull for the purpose of resetting the phone...I do them each day because of the battery that is in the mothership just goes down and needs replenishing....almost 200 calls per day.....:motdroidhoriz:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've NEVER done a battery pull for the purpose of resetting the phone...I do them each day because of the battery that is in the mothership just goes down and needs replenishing....almost 200 calls per day.....:motdroidhoriz:

I take it you replace it with a spare then? Now that's a valid reason for a battery pull.