How often do you change your battery?

Ragnell

Reaction score
For those of you that have another battery since it seems most of us bought the extended, how often to you swap back to the regular (If you do at all) to keep both batteries in good condition?

I usually swap every week, I have the spare on a 100% charge though, I'm thinking to change that to 70% so, Not sure.

Sparkimus

Reaction score
I swap mine out about once a week also. I've actually had my regular battery in since I updated my D3 because the regular battery can last almost 2 days now. I keep them stored at around 40-50% because I've read that keeping them at full charge lowers the life of the battery.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I would think the phone would be confused if you swapped them out.

militant

Reaction score
I would think the phone would be confused if you swapped them out.

I was thinking this. I have the extended battery as well, I stored my regular at about 40% charge. I'd be ok with using it for a few days just to keep it "in shape" but I'm worried about that affecting the battery stats. Can you safely delete the battery stats file with each battery swap so that it re-profiles for each battery?

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Sounds like more work than it is worth. I just use my extended battery. By the time it wears out, I'll just buy another one and not worry about the original battery. The time I save swapping, half charging, and deleting battery stats is worth that measly $30.

If I go on some sort of a trip though, I'll take both as a last resort if I'm completely dead, but will try my best not to switch.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Sounds like more work than it is worth. I just use my extended battery. By the time it wears out, I'll just buy another one and not worry about the original battery. The time I save swapping, half charging, and deleting battery stats is worth that measly $30.

If I go on some sort of a trip though, I'll take both as a last resort if I'm completely dead, but will try my best not to switch.

My original d1 battery never wore out.

There is an app on the market that is supposed to allow you to reset the stats. Not sure which and never tested it.

leobg

Reaction score
I never go to the original battery (that would happen only in emergency situation - I am travelling and I carry the spare orig battery just in case). But if you want to keep the original battery in good condition just use it one cycle every 3-4 months. It will keep it in good condition. Make sure you don't leave the unused battery discharged, this may cause it to die irreversibly if stored this way. Make sure spare battery is kept fully or at least partially charged.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Fully charged puts stress on the battery (from battery u) so partially charged is better.

gdgnj

Reaction score
I swap mine out about once a week also. I've actually had my regular battery in since I updated my D3 because the regular battery can last almost 2 days now. I keep them stored at around 40-50% because I've read that keeping them at full charge lowers the life of the battery.

updated your D3? Did I miss something? How did you update it?

Thanks.

Sparkimus

Reaction score
updated your D3? Did I miss something? How did you update it?

Thanks.

Someone pulled the an update file from Moto's servers and posted it on the XDA forums. There are a few threads on here and on XDA talking about how to to it, why/why not to do it, etc.

gdgnj

Reaction score
Someone pulled the an update file from Moto's servers and posted it on the XDA forums. There are a few threads on here and on XDA talking about how to to it, why/why not to do it, etc.

Thanks for the info. I just watched a video on youtube regarding the update. i think I'm better off waiting for the factory update.

chukeee

Reaction score
Storing the battery in the fridge is the best way. Been a ham operator for over 10 yrs and that's how most hams store their batteries.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Erikbal

Reaction score
How much does the extended battery cost and how much more life do you get out of it? Also does it come with a new rear cover or something cuz I've heard it makes the phone bigger. How much bigger? I'll give you my battery stats as of right now. I've been on the phone using the internet with wifi pretty much since the minute I took it off the charger so it's drained fast. Let me know what you think....right now I'm at 40% battery left I've got 2hrs 17 mins on battery, 2hrs 14 mins on display, 1hr 15 mins on browser and 2hrs 15 mins on wifi. So basically my display has been on since I took the phone off the charger and the wifi as well and I've used the internet a lot and sent some texts and been on the market a little bit. Does this sound normal? Any guess where I'd be with the extended battery? Usually when I use the phone for this long of a period of time I have it plugged in the whole time but where Im sitting right now the charger doesn't reach. Thanks!