How often do you change your battery?

Erikbal

Reaction score
Ok I just answered my own question and checked Verizons website and see that the extended battery and cover is $49.99. For those of you that have it do you think it's worth the money? I see the stock battery is 1540 and the extended is 1930 which seems like quite a big difference. Im considering buying it today when I go pay my bill. The only setback is the phone is already kind of bulky especially in my work pants and Im not sure if I really NEED it or just WANT it you know. I appreciate any opinions and sorry not trying to hijack.

Detouch

Reaction score
I have it and it seem to me if you use your phone a lot it's worth it. I get about an hour more with it.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Ok I just answered my own question and checked Verizons website and see that the extended battery and cover is $49.99. For those of you that have it do you think it's worth the money? I see the stock battery is 1540 and the extended is 1930 which seems like quite a big difference. Im considering buying it today when I go pay my bill. The only setback is the phone is already kind of bulky especially in my work pants and Im not sure if I really NEED it or just WANT it you know. I appreciate any opinions and sorry not trying to hijack.

I think if you buy 2 things you get a discount. You could buy the universal battery pack thingy.

Anyway, the extended battery for the Droid 3 is about 1mm thicker. There's a picture somewhere around here, but it really is barely noticeable. Of course, it does make the phone a bit heavier too. Get it!!!

Erikbal

Reaction score
Being that the original is 1540 and the extended is 1920 I'd think you'd get more than an hour more out of it. I've got other more important thing I need to spend my money on right now but I will have a $240 credit on my account so maybe I'll get it...

Fr33dom

Reaction score
You do have to contend with the probability that you'll actually use the phone more since you have to worry less about battery. On the size, the difference is small though you may find it doesn't fit some cases. The battery back on the original fits over the extended, though it isn't recommended.

Its hard to measure the difference between the two since swapping them may lead the phone to misreport the strength of either battery. Also different phones could have different issues and settings. I would say its worth it if you don't also have to replace your case and other things, but then I've never used the standard battery.

Erikbal

Reaction score
Yeah I don't have a case or anything yet. I don't know if I really need it because I'm usually around a charger and have a car charger so a lot of the time when I'm at work and go to lunch I'll plug it in and when I'm driving places or running errands or whatever I'll plug it in. Basically whenever I'm in my Jeep I have it plugged in. I'm pretty sure that I will end up with the extended battery sooner or later though. Just like I didn't "need" a 16gb sd card which is way overkill for what I need but I bought one anyway because I'd rather have too much than not enough. Even though it says my total room on the card is 11.35gb and my available space is 11.24gb. Any idea why the total available is so much less than 16gb?