When and how often do you think I should charge the droid?

Nibbz

Reaction score
Is it bad for the battery to try and keep a full charge? Should I wait till its at a certain percentage to charge it? When and how often do you recommend I charge it?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ntrddragn

Reaction score
no idea but i plug mine in every night. i plug it in when im driving and when im sitting at my computer. so basically its plugged it almost all the time except when im roaming around. :D no issue yet or at all.

JCo352

Reaction score
It is better to "top it off" than let it go completely dead. With that said, I usually don't let mine go under 30%.

xliderider

Reaction score
Lithium Ion batteries don't have any "memory effect" like the old NiCad batteries, so you can charge them whenever you want. In fact, letting them fully discharge to very low levels too often will shorten their service life.

So it is better to top your battery off, than to let it go and run really low.

You can't overcharge your battery either, the Droid has an overcharge protection circuit built in.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I do not know what is wrong or right, but mine goes on every night regardless of bat level. I only charge in the car when on long trips on GPS

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Given the fact that the droid is designed to sit in a multimedia dock and act as an alarm clock, overnight charging every day would be fine. I have the extended battery so I have to go by mV rather than percentage.

pbdroid

Reaction score
One at home, one in the Exploder and another at work (PC). I'm juicing whenever I can. Can't get enough juice, need more juice, anybody got juice? Please just a little juice, just a little, please. More juice.

:icon_ banana:

Ah ... that's better.

OP
Nibbz

Nibbz

Reaction score
Alright sweet. im always gonna be charging it now

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk