Battery Percentage App

FootballRef

Reaction score
I have seen several screen shots of something that shows percentage of battery remaining over the top of the actual battery icon.

What is this app called? I have tried several apps that I thought might do this, but I cannot find the one I want.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the new bugless has this, but idk if theres an app that will do it..

OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
I guess I am crazy. I just went through 50 pages of a screen shot thread on here and never saw it the first time

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have seen several screen shots of something that shows percentage of battery remaining over the top of the actual battery icon.

What is this app called? I have tried several apps that I thought might do this, but I cannot find the one I want.

I think you're talking about "Battery Left."

samiusmc

Reaction score
The application is called "Battery Indicator". It is available in the market.

It shows the percentage in 10% increments.

Last edited:

JimmyD

Reaction score
You have to be rooted for this.

With all due respect, that's absolutely not true!

FootballRef...

My Droid is not rooted either, and I use a free app called Battery Indicator which shows a battery outline with remaining charge percentage on it in my notifications bar.

Here is the link to the app >>> Battery Indicator - Android app on AppBrain

One GREAT feature it also provides is a display of the BATTERY TEMPERATURE in FAHRENHEIT when you pull down on the notifications bar. Actually, the temp reading is the reason I installed this app on my Droid!

screen
screen

Last edited:
OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score

I think you're talking about "Battery Left."

The application is called "Battery Indicator". It is available in the market.

It shows the percentage in 10% increments.
Battery Left is a widget...very nice, but not what I am after

Battery Indicator is kinda what I am after. I would like for the battery indicator icon be where the current battery icon is located. I will use this one for now.

I should have pointed out what I wanted when I saw it originally. Sorry for not getting a picture to show you all.

Thanks for the help all!

Reaction score
I think the OP is talking about the normal battery icon in the notification bar having the percentage showing (top right). Your app makes two icons, one with the percentage and the normal one the droid shows. If you are rooted, some ROMs have customized the framework of the droid system to provide the percentage natively in the top right. You have to be rooted to get that effect and not have two batteries in the notification panel.

OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
I think the OP is talking about the normal battery icon in the notification bar having the percentage showing (top right). Your app makes two icons, one with the percentage and the normal one the droid shows. If you are rooted, some ROMs have customized the framework of the droid system to provide the percentage natively in the top right. You have to be rooted to get that effect and not have two batteries in the notification panel.
Thanks. You are exactly right about what I am after. You think I have to be rooted for this?

kiwiguy

Reaction score
You also might want to check out an app called "Battery Level" that puts a numeric value in the notification bar