Battery Manager not Working

wfholcom

Reaction score
I'm rooted Droid X and my battery manager usage details is not working. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm running the stock 2.2 OTA currently. It force closes on this build too. But only randomly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. :(

jloya

Reaction score
im having the same issue with the FlyX ROM

sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt...

OP
wfholcom

wfholcom

Reaction score
How can I find out what ROM I'm using? Someone rooted my DX for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
if you're getting fc error, try plugging in your phone and unplugging from charger. fixes fc error for me every time. or you can wait about 1/2 hour and it fixes itself once it acquires enough data to show usage.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
There are several threads about this and a lot of information on the web about the manager force closing. I know this because it does it to me and I have been trying to figure out a way to fix it!
However, the consensus is that there is NO fix. People report plugging it in then unplugging it, charging only in "charge mode," pulling the battery, factory reset, etc.....
BUT then they always post an update saying that it started force closing again 1-7 days later......
it is an issue with 2.2 no matter what ROM you are using...it was in the leaked version and they didn't fix it for the OTA
but I'll keep checking this thread, and hopefully someone will come up with a way to fix it permanently!
good luck!

OP
wfholcom

wfholcom

Reaction score
Thanks, I thought maybe the rooting did it to me, sounds like Froyo is to blame.

How do you determine the ROM that you have on a rooted phone? Someone rooted my DX for me and it works great.

markietas

Reaction score
Thanks, I thought maybe the rooting did it to me, sounds like Froyo is to blame.

How do you determine the ROM that you have on a rooted phone? Someone rooted my DX for me and it works great.

Just because your rooted doesn't mean you have a custom rom, if you didn't install one then you don't have one. And I would hope that you would remember what one you installed if you did lol.