Battery Usage/Apps/Screebl

dannyro

Reaction score
With GB installed, I noticed that under settings in Battery and Data Manager there is a "battery usage" selection you can use to see what apps or processes are draining your battery. I also have SystemPanel installed to monitor the exact same thing -what apps are draining my battery. While when I check both they are usually the same results, one of the apps I use, Screebl Pro, shows that it uses 0.2% of the battery according to SystemPanel but under battery usage in settings it shows that Screebl is using a whopping 35%of usage. I checked SystemPanel for multiple time measures - 2 hours, 8 hours, 1 day, and it never listed Screebl as taking more than 0.2% of my battery. At the top of battery usage, it says "3h 6m 38s on battery" (which I guess implies when I unplugged it?) because I did not recently restart it.

Anyhow, which program (SystemPanel or Battery Usage in settings) is more accurate in detailing battery usage?

Also, for those of you that use Screebl, have you noticed it significantly draining your battery? I really like the program, but if its sucking that much power I'll just have to increase the standby time.

Sorry for the long post but I appreciate any help and answers.

Dan

jonathon1289

Reaction score
The battery usage that is built in 'settings' shows how much of the battery that has been used, is being used by the app/service. For example, if your phone has been on say 5 hours, and you have 80% battery remaining, then the Battery Usage screen shows that Screebl has used 35% of the 20% used of the full charge. So, the app has used about one third of your total battery usage at that point.

I am not sure how SystemPanel calculates, but the above example is my understanding of how Android calculates.

One thing to check, is in the battery usage click on Screebl and it should hopefully open a properties screen showing some more information on its cpu usage and such. I have not used the app, but a quick look at some reviews shows reports that it does hurt battery life as it is constantly running in the background.