Battery life sucks!!!

kevinkar

Reaction score
On an unrelated note, I haven't noticed all that much difference in battery life with extended battery, but it seems as if I am in the minority. I get maybe an extra half-hour to 45 minutes per day. Maybe.)
If you use the phone a lot for games and videos and streaming content, the battery (regular or extended) just seem to empty quite quickly. In standby and not using the phone, it certainly lasts for days. But why buy this kind of phone to just sit there? Might as well get a pay as you go phone like a Net10 instead.

To be fair, if I used any of my PDAs in the past all day long for web surfing, streaming content and playing games, I'd definitely have to plug the things in every day so a smart phone is really no different save for the addition of a phone network radio and the newer Li-Ion technology batteries instead of the older NiCd or other older tech.

Cmmsh

Reaction score
On an unrelated note, I haven't noticed all that much difference in battery life with extended battery, but it seems as if I am in the minority. I get maybe an extra half-hour to 45 minutes per day. Maybe.)
If you use the phone a lot for games and videos and streaming content, the battery (regular or extended) just seem to empty quite quickly. In standby and not using the phone, it certainly lasts for days. But why buy this kind of phone to just sit there? Might as well get a pay as you go phone like a Net10 instead.

To be fair, if I used any of my PDAs in the past all day long for web surfing, streaming content and playing games, I'd definitely have to plug the things in every day so a smart phone is really no different save for the addition of a phone network radio and the newer Li-Ion technology batteries instead of the older NiCd or other older tech.

Really, I don't play all that many games. Maybe a half-hour of Angry Birds at night. ... I do have Beautiful Widget and Weather Bug Elite running, though, but I have turned off enabling of updates and have GPS off.

My phone is having other issues since the 2.3-whatever update a couple of weeks ago. I am at my wit's end. I love this phone, but I wish I could go back to pre-update (without rooting).

kevinkar

Reaction score
I love this phone, but I wish I could go back to pre-update (without rooting).
Isn't that the truth! I've updated some devices in the past for which no downgrade was available and I regretted it specifically a Toshiba e750 PDA which had no way to revert to the previous firmware. Several apps I bought for it no longer worked and THOSE apps were WAY more expensive than the apps in the Android Market! Oh well.