battery life on LM

foxdog

Reaction score
here you go

GRRRRRRR!!! didnt work. it flashed, but yet again when i went into SetCPU it said i didnt not have root access etc etc. flashed back to SU2.2.2

thanks for all your help Foxdog, unfortunately my phone hates the world lol

yea when you flash the different superuser you hafta give all your root apps permissions again, thay just wont for get em now. you might need to reset setcpu again, go to app and pick auto detect

rmart88

Reaction score
ok, ill give that a shot. but just to be sure, when i open the apk via Astro, it says that it is version 2.0... not 2.1, shouldnt it say 2.1?

foxdog

Reaction score
ok, ill give that a shot. but just to be sure, when i open the apk via Astro, it says that it is version 2.0... not 2.1, shouldnt it say 2.1?

you know... i didnt even check that, lol i got it from another guy in these fourms, i think he was one of the devs for lithium mod. anyway its working better than superuser 2.2.2

xpezdj

Reaction score
My battery life using LM has been the best my phone has ever had. I'm at 70% right now and have been up for 8 hours.. with normal usage, web browsing, texting.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

durrell

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the opposite. :(

My battery life with LM is the worst I've ever had, going from 100 percent to dead in 8 hours or less. I'm trying to find the cause, but no luck yet..

missrachel

Reaction score
Been running LiMod for only a few days now... came from unrooted stock! (I LOVE IT!!!!!!) It seems my battery life is better, but certainly not as good as those of you getting 30 hours of moderate use!!!!!! >HELLO< I sure would like to see that too (LOL) I don't see how it's possible either!

I'd say I get about 16 hours, moderate usage... little of this, little of that.

I use a task killer but I'm considering uninstalling after so many people advise against it. However, I keep most of my frequently used apps unchecked (so they are not auto killed) and use it mostly to close browser windows and shut down Google Maps. I'm also running Lookout Mobile Security...

monsterpt

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great advice. Gonna give these ideas a try cuz I am loving LithiumMod.

Psychlone

Reaction score
I'm also in the 30+ hours club.

Lithium 1012
JDLFG 800MHz

The original kernel that comes packed with Li had horrible battery life on my phone, so I tried Chevyno1's 800MHz ULV, which was actually worse for me (I've run all of Chevyno1's kernels at some point, and never had a problem)
Then I moved to JDLFG, remembering that I had done some preliminary testing on kernels with him back when he started, and that was the key for me.

Uninstalled JD/UJ for a while... after turning off UltimateJuice, my battery life increased a LOT!

Currently, with 'moderate usage' (meaning 1.5hours of phone use, ~60 texts/pix/flix, ~1hour of Skyfire/Browser, at least 1 solid hour of Network Discovery/Wifi Analyzer/Network Mapper/Wifi Tracker) I'm getting over 30+ hours on a single charge.

Psychlone

dpaine88

Reaction score
I;m at 70% right now and at 1 day, 3 hours of unplugged time. Not a ton of use though.

Turned off Juice Defender.

But put the JD toggle mobile data widget on my home screen and use that often.

speakercode

Reaction score
I am having trouble pulling up the jdlfg kernels in ROM manager, anyone else? It just says "error occured while processing the rom list!"

I had awesome battery life but for some reason when it changed to LM 1.0.12 fix on Friday, my battery life went kerplunk. Right now I'm running chevyNo1's 1100 ULV, we'll see how that goes. But it majorly sucked this weekend as I was at a music festival and was trying to tweet, text, etc and battery life was 100% at 1 and dead by 9.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
I need a link to these kernels because my phone is dead in about 8 hours, and that's not acceptable to me. I was getting 20+ before this rom.

audioscience

Reaction score
I'm also in the 30+ hours club.

Lithium 1012
JDLFG 800MHz

The original kernel that comes packed with Li had horrible battery life on my phone, so I tried Chevyno1's 800MHz ULV, which was actually worse for me (I've run all of Chevyno1's kernels at some point, and never had a problem)
Then I moved to JDLFG, remembering that I had done some preliminary testing on kernels with him back when he started, and that was the key for me.

Uninstalled JD/UJ for a while... after turning off UltimateJuice, my battery life increased a LOT!

Currently, with 'moderate usage' (meaning 1.5hours of phone use, ~60 texts/pix/flix, ~1hour of Skyfire/Browser, at least 1 solid hour of Network Discovery/Wifi Analyzer/Network Mapper/Wifi Tracker) I'm getting over 30+ hours on a single charge.

Psychlone

For you 30-hour club guys, what are your advanced settings in Set CPU? Particularly the Powersave Bias?

I'm trying some different tweeks to see what I can achieve.

Psychlone

Reaction score
I need a link to these kernels because my phone is dead in about 8 hours, and that's not acceptable to me. I was getting 20+ before this rom.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...hium-mod-kernels-official-kernel-lithmod.html

But, JDLFG (along with everyone else's kernels) are easiest to just download and install via Rom Manager...

For you 30-hour club guys, what are your advanced settings in Set CPU? Particularly the Powersave Bias?

I'm trying some different tweeks to see what I can achieve.

Here's mine.

ADVANCED:

Sampling Rate: 350000
Up Threshold: 85
Down Threshold: 30
Ignore Nice Load: 0
Freq Step: 5

I've been running right there for about a week, and my phone is snappy, but never gets hot (I've yet to see it hit 40*C), and the battery life is excellent!

TO ALL THOSE RUNNING HIGH MHZ KERNELS:
Is there a reason you've chosen to run at your phone's maximum stable speed?
Being a very long-time overclocker (we're talking when overclocking required jumpers and hardware modifications, not just BIOS settings or software that does it for you!), I understand the relevance of overclocking.
However, even though it's fun to overclock, and it feels awesome to reap some high score in some benchmark, it really is pointless, **ESPECIALLY** when we're talking about your phone. (whatcha gonna do, run Linpack or Quadrant all day for your friends??)

If all of you that have been running a 1GHz or higher kernel just tried a lower kernel with a better written ROM (like Li), you'd find that your phone still is snappy - just as snappy as you'll ever need, but most importantly, your phone's battery life will increase exponentially!!!

Most of you should realize by now, that the higher the frequency, the higher the voltage required. This means that the faster you push your phone, the more voltage that's required - which equates to less juice in your battery. Pretty simple when you think about it.

I'm *extremely* pleased with JDLFG's 800MHz kernel. That's effectively 250MHz faster than the Motorola Droid came as default, so the phone is very snappy, but between the low-voltage kernel and my personal settings and use, my battery life is well into the 30 hour range before needing a charge.

Also, for any of you that have little to no idea on what overclocking actually does/is, here's a perfect little guide on the matter:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/47871-overclocking-101-a.html

Just some food for thought.

Psychlone

audioscience

Reaction score
Thanks. I loaded JDLFG's 800MHz kernal today and have had pretty good results.

I also just realized/assume that in your 30 hours around 8 of those hours must be pure idle time for your phone while you sleep.

I think I could get close to that if that's the case. Actually might be closer to 20-25 hours. I'm sitting at 30% remaining after 12 hours moderate usage right now.

I still really don't understand how you can have 70% left after 24 hours unless you pretty much aren't touching your phone. The display alone drains the battery and I'm pretty sure clock speed isn't going to change how much power the screen needs to run. Display is ALWAYS the biggest power user on my Droid. I'm pretty much at 70% after 4-5 hours unless I'm absolutely not touching my phone.

Ah well. I think this one is slightly better than ChevyNo1's. After another day I'll fiddle with my SetCPU settings.

Psychlone, what version of SetCPU are you using. The 2.0.1/2.0.2 version does not have Down Threshold or Freq Step as options

Psychlone

Reaction score
^ You're right - those were settings I had written down from another ver of SetCPU.

Here's the current (taken directly from SetCPU in my phone)
Sampling Rate: 350000
Up Threshold: 86
Ignore Nice: 0
Powersave Bias: 200

(I forgot that I changed those settings when SetCPU 202 came out - which was about the same time I loaded up Li.)

Also, on the subject of sleep time, YES...a good 7-8 hours of the time I include in my uptime is indeed while I'm sleeping.
But, that's not all - I figured out a while back that I don't need to fidget with my phone constantly.

I used to constantly be on the thing, always having to try new home screens, live wallpapers (which drain battery massively compared to everything else!), always changing up how things look - then I realized one day when I didn't have much chance to mess with it that I had an incredible battery that day... I put 2 and 2 together and discovered that if I actually use my phone for what I need it for, and leave it in my pocket and not dick around with it all the time, that my battery life was MUCH better!!

So, I'm way past having to fiddlefeck with it all the time - realizing where my battery was going was half the battle - the urge to pull the phone out and just look at my home screens was hard, but after a few days, it gets easier...this really IS like an addiction!!

Psychlone