battery life on LM

motoDROID.FTW

Reaction score
Figure i would put more about me here, im the cool
What is you current setup? How much do you use your phone, and how long does your battery last?

I'm using Lithium Mod, p3Droids 1.1ghz lv, and am using setcpu with a few profiles. I'll post them when I get to a computer. But I'm only getting about 5 he's of battery with heavy usage. :(

Roasbeef

Reaction score
Turning ur display brightness all the way down, and using juice defender helps

foxdog

Reaction score
i have a profile in setcpu to 250/250 screen off, that way it uses verry little battery when on stand by

myk.robinson

Reaction score
I'm running alternate dark themed lithium mod with whatever kernel it comes with. It does seem to drink battery power, even with auto brightness turned off and Juice Defender running with whatever settings it determined it should use.

Other people having a similar experience?

bodean

Reaction score
I'm running alternate dark themed lithium mod with whatever kernel it comes with. It does seem to drink battery power, even with auto brightness turned off and Juice Defender running with whatever settings it determined it should use.

Yes, a lot of drain

leonozug

Reaction score
Use Chevy's ULV 1GHZ kernel, set the CPU to 550 max 250 min, and keep the screen brightness to minimum. The battery last's all day for me. And I'm always fiddling with the damn thing.

OP
M

motoDROID.FTW

Reaction score
Figure i would put more about me here, im the cool

Yes, a lot of drain

Try what they suggested. It helps a ton. I was at 50 around 7:30pm and am at 30 now. Where as before I would be at 10 or 15. Thanks foxdog and roasbeef!!

ghostheel

Reaction score
LM with chevyno1's ULV 800mhz kernel

setCPU profiles
-main: 250/700 ondemand
-screen off: 250/400 conservative
-battery: <30% 250/400 conservative
-temp: <45 C 250/550 conservative

Auto Memory Manager set to aggressive

Wifi: off when not needed
Bluetooth: off when not needed
GPS: off when not needed
Sync: off when not needed; background data off
Brightness: usually on lowest setting when indoors, auto when outside

I get outstanding battery life with moderate usage. Right now, I'm around 30 hrs on a single charge...50% remaining.

Last edited:

durrell

Reaction score
I get outstanding battery life with moderate usage. Right now, I'm around 30 hrs on a single charge...50% remaining.

Wow. I'm experiencing terrible battery life right now. Going to edit my settings to match yours and see what happens. Although, unfortunately, chevy's kernels don't get along with my phone as well as the P3 kernels.

RoyR80

Reaction score
I'm gettin horrible batt life as well. i've ran the same setup for a while (posted in my sig.) and have loved it. im useing blue themed LI, with the ULV800 kerenl from chevy, and it gets hott, fast. but when i ran stock kernel, it got hotter, faster.

SetCPU, ondemand 250-800 active
ondemand 125-250 while screen off.

my fone is now running hotter and draining batt life faster.

Sorry, i just dont feel thats its necessary to re-config. all kind of settings to get this ROM to work. To those that dont mind manually adjusting their screen, rite on, but its not for me. I've already had a great set-up. I know what doesn't works for me and im gunna hafta say bye-bye to LI for a lil bit, till they make sum improvements. Back to Kangerade 5.0.9 :)

foxdog

Reaction score
i keep telling people that superuser 2.2.2 sucks, it forgets permissions on all kinds of stuff like setcpu and it makes things not funtion correctly, i reverted back to the older superuser and i no longer have battery/ any other probles... give it a try. i will post the old superuser when i get a chance, other wise its somewhere on these fourms, thats where i found it

RoyR80

Reaction score
i keep telling people that superuser 2.2.2 sucks, it forgets permissions on all kinds of stuff like setcpu and it makes things not funtion correctly, i reverted back to the older superuser and i no longer have battery/ any other probles... give it a try. i will post the old superuser when i get a chance, other wise its somewhere on these fourms, thats where i found it

im interested...... ;-)
i'll key my eye out, ty.