[Review] LM Technologies bluetooth bracelet

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
logo_inner_page.jpg

One of the best meetings i ever had, was with LM Technologies at the german CeBit 2010. They had a nice showroom, with some interesting products, such as a bluetooth bracelet and a WiFi 3G router. They even gave me some samples, one of them i 'd like to introduce today to you folks. Its the LM 961 Bluetooth bracelet!

LM961-bluetooth-bracelet-steel-edition-1.jpg
LM960-bluetooth-bracelet-sports-edition-1.jpg

LM961 <<<<<<>>>>>>>> LM960

FEATURES

- Bluetooth notification for incoming calls via vibrating bracelet
- accept or reject incoming calls
- OLED display for showing callerID
- Proximity vibrating alert when mobile is more than 5 metres apart
- Bluetooth Version 1.2 - Compatible with V1.1, V1.2 & V2
- 2.4GHz Spectrum
- Charge time: 3 hours
- Stand-by: up to 100 hours (depending on active time)
- Weight 36 gramms

Set up
The first thing you got to do is charge the bracelet for 6 hours (thats what the manual says). It took only 3 hrs to fully charge in my case. Then i tried to set it up and connect it to my Milestone.
As far as i can tell, i've never seen a bluetooth product, that connects THAT easy, not even the simplest bluetooth headsets. Just hit one button, on the phone accept and say "YES" and thats it. Setting up the bracelet took me like 1 minute....or less.

Feeling and comfort
When i took on the bracelet the first time, i noticed, that it is FAR to large for my arms. So what i did, i removed two of the brackets wit a very thin screwdriver, and connected the band together again. After that the bracelet fitted perfect to my arm, didnt have much room to move on, and felt quite comfortable. But, this is a point where LM Technologies could maybe think of something else in the future, giving customers the opportunity to shorten the bracelet without the need to use tools.The next thing that caught my attention, was the OLED screen, which is very bright, very clear to read and with a real stylish blue. Next to it, the "one button does it all"-button is situated, for Power-on, Power-off, Connect, Reject calls anda accept calls. The handling of that button is very easy, once you used the bracelet for some calls.

Battery & Duration:
Having the bracelet now for two weeks, i noticed, that the battery is quite strong. Depending on how much calls you recieve, for me, its lasting up to 2 days. Having like 40 calls a day, this is just very well. Also i noticed a difference on the different devices i own, that may be caused by the different bluetooth standards they are using. Here are some numbers:

BlackBerry Bold 9000: 40hrs with average usage
Nexus One: 49 hrs with light usage
Motorola Milestone: 40 hrs with heavy usage
HTC Tattoo: 45 hrs with heavy usage

light usage = < 20 calls a day
average usage = around 40 calls
Heavy usage = > 45 calls

Pricing:
The bracelet will be around 25€ for retailers and around 50€ for customers. LM Technologies is doing wordlwide shipping of course.

All over:
The bracelet is one of the most special accessory i ever had in my hands. Its perfect for usage on meetings and appointments, where you cant use any calls from grandma. Only thing that really gets a minus in the product, is that the caller ID is shown in numbers, and not being convertet into the Name connected in yor contacts. But, LM Technologies statet, that this will be a feature in the next version of the bracelet, being produced right now. The new versions are supposed to come in Q4 this year. Many new features and newer bluetooth versions will be supported. The bracelet i have now, for me, is something i never want to miss out of my business life, its just essential to have. Also, having a metal look high quality design, it will make up a good gift for my best man on the wedding.

Stay tuned for the next LM Technologie Product Reviews.

=)

Tigger

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Not too shabby but all it does is notifies you of an incoming call and lets you accept/reject?

for $66.55 USD + Shipping i'd expect it to do a lot more than that. if that's all it does it's actually kind of pointless and a waste of money to me.

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Not too shabby but all it does is notifies you of an incoming call and lets you accept/reject?

for $66.55 USD + Shipping i'd expect it to do a lot more than that. if that's all it does it's actually kind of pointless and a waste of money to me.

Well, yes this is, what it does!

But i really love it. And as it is an accessory, there is now waste on that kind of products ;)

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
rather geeky, but also kinda cool... too bad it doesn't have more features

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know, if you can route the calls through a small speaker/microphone on the bracelet, you could be the coolest Maxwell Smart evar! Hell, 2-way watches have been in the spy movies since Connery was doing 007.

Now that, I'd think about :D