RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
logo_inner_page.jpg

Hey folks,

if you are dealing with a lot of devices, even when your on a trip, there is something missing all the time - until NOW! Meeting them at german CeBIT 2010, LM Technologies showed me a solution for multiple problems in one device... Check out the LM009.

Product and Includes

LM009-wireless-150mbps-3g-pocket-router-n-1.jpg

wireless-150mbps-3g-pocket-router-n

The LM009 is a WiFi 3G Pocket Router and it comes with the following accessories:

• Wi-Fi Wireless 3G Pocket Router N
  • Quick Start User Guide
  • AC Power Adapter
  • CD-Rom (User Guide)
  • Cat5 Network Cable

FEATURES:

• Chipset: RTL8196B
  • Web based management
  • Range of 280m in open space
  • Range of 50m in concrete walls (my test result)
  • Interfaces: 1x 10/100 BASET RJ45 WAN, 1x 10/100 BaseT RJ45 (LAN)
  • Interface: 1 USB 2.0 pro
  • Standards: 802.11b/g/n | 802.3 | 802.3u
  • Operations: Bridging, Routing
  • Transfer: 150mbps

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
The LM009 is very small, totally handy and very nicely produced, looing stable and neat. The purpose of this device is to insert a UMTS Stick in it, and route the UMTS connection to any device connected via WiFi. And this is, what it does REALLY well. Now, why would you need such a device? Easy to answer! In most european countries and around the world, thethering is NOT included in most dataplans! And what if you want to use multiple Devices? u can Only thether ONE without such products! Or guess what it would be like, coming from the countryside and dont have a broadband connection? This product fits your need!

SETTIN UP and CONNECTING:

The LM009 Router is, as experienced with LM-Technologies products before, easy to set up. The first thing i did, was put power on the router, then connect a laptop via WiFi to it, and startet setting up the device via a very easy to handle web interface. In order to get your 3G stick running on that router, just enter the Login-Information of your carrier,restart the device with the stick plugged in and you are done - internetconnection via 3G throug your pocket router on all devices, as simple as that.

PRICING:

According to Divisional Manager Yvonne, who once again hook me up with a great LM Technologies product, the poket router will be sold for 30.24€ (39,22 USD) for retail, and 49€ (63,55 USD) for consumers, shipping world wide.

Future Features:

As you could see from the last LM-Technologies product review, this company tries to improve on all products and also taking approach on customers wishes for future releases. So, also the 3G WiFi poket router has some more future features, that will show up probably in Q3 this year. The version 2 of this router will include 300Mbps connections, 2 SMA connectors to fit in external antennas for extra range. My first question on the german CeBIT to Yvonne was, if they plan to integrate the 3G Simcard instead of connecting a 3G Surfstick to the router. And YES, that is what they are currently working on, so that it can be released already in version 2.

Over all:

After having the router now for 2 weeks, im really impressed. Its small, doesnt suck up a lot of power, and has a really nice range! I was even able to set the device up, running it in the cellar of our house, connecting my Nexus One in the attic to it! NICE JOB! Normally, even normal routers, that are handed out by broadband providers dont show up with this range. Another good thing is, that you can also connect devices via RJ45 cable. Sometimes, i just need that to get a stable connection. Only one criticism to be found in this product: I'd wish for universal charger support via micro-usb! Having a lot of different chargers with me, reduces the mobility factor, that a poket router stands for! Improve on that LM-Technologies, and it will be a PERFECT PRODUCT. Even the price is good on this one. Check eBay to find out, even used 3G WiFi routers are sold for a higher price.

So, watch the unboxing video i made and have fun! Yvonne, thanks again for ome great product!

Note: Video just uploaded, quality will increase ^^

[video=youtube;T0Hcl0fs7nE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Hcl0fs7nE[/video]

Last edited:

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
really interesting product. seems like a great deal for $50-60 USD, if it's something you need...