Potentially Interesting New Tech for The Self-Aware Nerd: Jawbone's "Up"

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
jawbone_up_bracelet.jpg

If you are a tech-nerd like us, but also try to stay self-aware enough to be health-conscious, then this new tech coming from the company Jawbone, might interest you. Jawbone normally makes Bluetooth headsets and speakers, but this new device they are working on, is a bracelet called "Up", and it's designed to track many aspects of your life patterns, and sync up with your iOS or Android device. It will basically monitor your movements, sleeping patterns and eating habits, and will help you determine which choices & habits make you feel good or bad. They are still working on the software aspects of the device, and it sounds rather "magical" at the moment, but if they can pull it off, this could be a very intriguing product. What do you guys think?

The tip for this device comes courtesy of JohnDroid!

Source: Gizmodo and Jawbone

Last edited:

StainlessSteelRat

Reaction score
magic bracelet

I think that if it doesn't give me +5 armour class or reduce my THACO there is no way I'd pay more than $10 for that.

:)

Seriously.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Something about this device seems a bit creepy. Almost like a dog collar with "big brother" holding the leash, or an ankle bracelet tracker. o_O

SciJohnDroid

Reaction score
you got me there

Not new tech.

the FitBit is cool, but it doesn't integrate with your Android phone. ;)

The fitbit has a display that shows you how many steps / mile you've walked
It automatically uploads wirelessly to your PC and sends the data automatically to their website where it does all kinds of graphing and analysis.
It also has a free android app where you can check your data and add other info.
But you are right. It does not integrate with the android.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Personally I'm waiting for combat Oakley sunglasses. That are not only bullet proof but are your display with augmented reality and quantum security.

azules9780

Reaction score
Oh I can see many good workout uses for this. It needs to very lightweight and waterproof and let me tell ya, I'll buy one tomorrow for tracking my tri workouts.

Seriously:)