Battery Life on Droid Incredible

in3xc3ss

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've had my droid incredible for a week and a half, and so far I have found that most other droid users including me have the same problem...battery life. I have done alot of surfing on the internet looking for solutions i.c ( ATK, Juice Defender, charging the phone all the way then turning off to get full charge, turning off wifi, lowering screen brightness, ex.) I still dont get any more battery life. I really don't want to get the extended 1750 mAh batter from Seidio. Is there any other ways without rooting my phone that could possibly help the battery?

Thanks

sessica

Reaction score
I know you have a different droid, but I just recently upgraded to the Droid 2 and started out with horrible battery life, dead in a few hours hardly using it horrible. I checked around on this forum and another android forum and people kept saying 2 things repeatedly.

1. That the batteries needed to be conditioned, right out of the box they are supposedly going to be slow and after a couple weeks of dying and recharging they will gain strength. This idea I thought was kind of silly because I had never had to condition a battery before, and my original droid's battery was excellent right out of the box.

2. Do a factory reset, which is kind of a pain because you have to organize everything again, but it doesn't erase your memory card and once you enter in your gmail account your contacts and apps return. I did this the other night and I have seen MAJOR improvement in my battery. Off the charger at 10am, heavy phone talking and game playing throughout the day as well as texting, and its 11pm and my battery is half full still.

Not sure if it matters that it is a different droid, but it doesn't hurt to try the reset because it has worked for other people in the forums as well. Good luck!

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I was reading on another site that a person had got some information from and HTC Engineer that with the HTC Incredible battery you need to charge it for 8 hours with the phone on. Then cut the phone off and charge for another hour. Then cut the phone on wait 2 minutes and then charge the phone again for another hour. The person that supplied this information said he now gets a full day of heavy to moderate usage without the assistance of any juice defender or other apps.

Tried it on my wife's Incredible and she get more than a day of battery life.