Battery life and applications

T_ault21

Reaction score
Ever since the new update installed my bettery has been dying constantly. I have to keep it on the charger all day. Also, all of my applications constantly open. I was told that it was Facebook, but I logged out of facebook. My other apps still open all the time and my battery still sucks! What can I do?

OP
T_ault21

T_ault21

Reaction score
I tried to uninstall Facebook but there is no place to uninstall it. It only gives me the option to uninstall all of the updates. My battery also gets really hot all the time, but I will read the article and see if there is something else I can do.
Thanks!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
oh i guess facebooks a stock app now. and that articles only for people using task killers but it still wouldnt hurt to read

pcolevr

Reaction score
Ever since the new update installed my bettery has been dying constantly. I have to keep it on the charger all day. Also, all of my applications constantly open. I was told that it was Facebook, but I logged out of facebook. My other apps still open all the time and my battery still sucks! What can I do?
Hello - I came onto the forum to try to find help with the same exact problem you have. Since the update, my full battery only stays charged for 2-1/2 hours TOPS. I have triple checked to make sure WI FI is off, and all the other apps that suck battery life. My phone is also so hot it will burn you while chargining and takes hours and hours to charge. In frustration, I went to Verizon and was given a new battery. When no improvement happened, they even sent me a completely new phone with the exact same results. Now I'm wondering if it could POSSIBLY be the charger? Its the only thing that isn't brand new. I work smack dab in a large city, so it can't be signal searching or any of the typical answers. I need someone to HELP ME PLEASE! I've had to phone (Moto Droid) since december, but this just started happening.

OP
T_ault21

T_ault21

Reaction score
Mine did ANOTHER system update yesterday for some reason and now applications are opening worse than they were before. I don't know what to do, but I WANT it to stop!!!! And my battery life is still just as bad! It was great until the update!