I was on the road, woke up yesterday morning with a dead phone, forgot to put it on charger. I immediately put it on charger and got a white light for about an hour and then phone booted. Had to get on road, so disconnected it and reconnected to car charger. White light would come on for a minute or two, then go out and no charge. I was on the road for about 7 hours, phone never charged. When I got home, I tried it on every charger I had in the house with the same results. I got on the forum and researched about the charging cable where you jumper pins, read the article posted about batteries from battery U (I think that was the name), and saw some threads about car chargers providing the extra oomph needed. I knew the one in my car didn't help but remembered the one in my truck. I plugged my razr in and got the white light and it stayed on. I said a prayer, left it and checked back every 30 min or so. After about1 1 1/2 - 2 hours, the white light went out and shortly thereafter the phone booted(on its own). I didn't touch it this time, and in about another hour it was fully charged. It may not be that way for everyone, but in my case the white light, was a good thing, letting me know the phone was trying to charge. Just thought I would pass this on for others unfortunate enough to accidently let their battery run down. I am pretty anal about charging but getting ready to leave, packing and all, I forgot to hook it up and it let me know!!