Android White Light (Still Not Fixed)

acoward

Reaction score
I have the original Droid Razr, and I got the solid white light about a week ago, and the phone won't turn on. Since then, I switched back to my POS phone I had before, the Samsung Fascinate. I've Googled this white light issue extensively, but nothing has helped. I only get the white light when I plug it into my laptop. No resets work of any kind. Charging it through the wall charger doesn't work either. When I took it to the Verizon store, they claimed it was the charging port, but I know that's not true because it "charges" through the laptop! I personally think it's the battery, but that's just my guess. I honestly don't feel like paying the $100 for Verizon to replace it, because the phone is not worth that much at all. However, I'm willing to pay the $20 to get a new battery to try out. Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also, I've tried charging it for a long period of time, but that does not work either.

Last edited:

KaChow

Reaction score
Here give this a shot, Notification Light Widget, it works great on stock Motorola ROMs. Look for it in your widget drawer, place it somewhere on your screen, and to activate it just touch it make sure that the 1x1 widget is blackedout, if there is a blue line at the bottom of the widget then it is not working.

OP
A

acoward

Reaction score
Here give this a shot, Notification Light Widget, it works great on stock Motorola ROMs. Look for it in your widget drawer, place it somewhere on your screen, and to activate it just touch it make sure that the 1x1 widget is blackedout, if there is a blue line at the bottom of the widget then it is not working.

Sorry, but I forgot to put that I can't turn my phone on at all. That's the biggest problem I'm having here. Looks like an awesome widget, but I can't download it.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
dead battery, almost guaranteed.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, dead in the sense that its voltage has dropped below a required threshold. This is due to the meter not being properly calibrated to the battery. There are several "fixes" out there for it, some entail using the "Factory Programming Cable" (or a mock=up of the same), some involve opening the case and directly "jump-starting" the battery by attaching leads directly to the battery terminals and giving it a boost for about 30 minutes or so (careful not to forget and leave it on for hours or more!!). Some mention ways to "trick" the phone into the Powered-off "Charge only" mode by using the Fastboot menu or other choices from within the Boot Mode Selection Menu.

Any of the above tricks or methods can potentially revive the battery. The main issue is to get the voltage of the battery above a certain threshold so the charging circuit will recognize it as a working battery and thereby allow the circuit to resume the charging process. Once it's charging, let it charge FULLY (100%) with the power off, then power on and use to ONLY 10%, don't go lower if except by a 1% or 2% (never to 0% and self-power down). Once it's reached at least 10%, power off the phone and charge again to 100% with power off.

Now you're ready to enjoy the phone again.