Backup my Droid?

wheelman

Reaction score
Hey, I found a dead pixel on my droid this morning. They should replace my phone under warranty for this, correct? I might as well take it in and get a new one, but it would be nice to go ahead and back it up beforehand so that I could be up and running sooner on the new one. Is there a program out there that'll do this?

Thanks in advance

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The #1 in your link is a file manager, and the #2 backup application is a program for women to track their ovulation cycles :icon_ banana:

Haha! My bad. ASTRO file Manager DOES allow backup to the SD card, though I'm not sure it's as in-depth as you may be looking for. However it's STILL a VERY handy app to have whether you use the backup or not.

I just typed in Backup and posted the link. I figured you could read the descriptions and choose for yourself, since I don't currently use any backup app and wouldn't know what to suggest.

Thanks for letting me know that now! Guess I'll have to check my results now before posting them as responses to people's questions.

Although, if nothing else, it gets you introduced to AndroidZoom, which is a very handy site! If you didn't see, most of the apps there have the handy little "weird" barcode that you can scan to download them straight to your phone from the market without having to search again on your phone.

OP
W

wheelman

Reaction score
Cool feature about the barcode, ill have to try that out. I have Astro and didn't even realize that it did backups. I may just start off fresh with a list of programs to install, and backup my docs/pics. Thanks!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Cool feature about the barcode, ill have to try that out. I have Astro and didn't even realize that it did backups. I may just start off fresh with a list of programs to install, and backup my docs/pics. Thanks!

Not a problem and not a bad idea. I had Android with my G1, and then used an LG phone for around 4 months or so before getting the Droid. I wanted to turn the G1 on to see what apps I was previously using in case I couldn't remember them [I got all the ones that I used A LOT again], but it won't power up.

The more I think about it, it's probably best and a bit nicer that I just started with a fresh experience.:icon_ banana:

OP
W

wheelman

Reaction score
Yeah, I ended up doing the same. Picked it up at lunch and although I had a list of cool apps I had on my phone, I didn't even put all of them back on yet. Probably works better that I don't have the ones on there that I didn't use that often anyway.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I ended up doing the same. Picked it up at lunch and although I had a list of cool apps I had on my phone, I didn't even put all of them back on yet. Probably works better that I don't have the ones on there that I didn't use that often anyway.

A friend told me when doing a computer restore to install programs as you need them. I've found many programs that I only used once, and that was to see if it installed correctly.