Deleting old backups?

easye

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the right terms to use, so I'll just explain what I want to do. I rooted my Droid a few days ago, tried out Cyanogenmod, then switched to Bugless Beast which I plan on sticking with. How do I get rid of the old backups off my SD card? I opened the folder in my PC and the folders listed under "Clockworkmod > Back up > (different dates) are taking up a good chunk of space. Is it safe to delete all them aside from the most recent one? Or can I just create a new backup if I ever flash a different ROM?

Sorry I'm still new to this, and I really don't want to do something thats going to brick my precious droid :)

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can delete all of them except for your "virgin" OEM first nandroid you ever made. It is a good idea to keep a nandroid back up of your current setup, just in case something goes wrong, then you can restore with out having to do the set up all over again.

OP
E

easye

Reaction score
You can delete all of them except for your "virgin" OEM first nandroid you ever made. It is a good idea to keep a nandroid back up of your current setup, just in case something goes wrong, then you can restore with out having to do the set up all over again.

"virgin" as in the back-up I made of the stock rom before flashing cyanogen (im sure im using some of these terms wrong). is there any reason that my backups arent showing up on my sd card under the names im giving them, but rather the original titles (date and version).

also, i keep hearing people saying my backups should be in a nandroid folder, yet mine are in a folder titled "backup". semantics?

OP
E

easye

Reaction score
I suppose this a related question, once I've already rooted successfully can I safely delete the update.zip file on my sd card