Back to .247 from custom rom

wakeboredb

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm new to rooting, custom Roms, etc., but am having fun with it. I'm running bootstrap and created a nandroid of my phone after upgrading to .247 as well as backed up my apps with ROM Toolbox. I know you're not supposed to flash a nandroid of a different Rom than the one you're on, so my question is what is the best way back to .247 after running CM10 or other custom roms? Is it best to just run HOB again? Or do I just flash the .247 file already on my sd card? Something else?

Thanks for your help as I start down the path of enlightenment and phone freedom!

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
First and foremost if you are new to root and roming you should use safestrap...it is way safer and you wouldnt even have to ask this question...

bikerjay

Reaction score
Safe strap is not compatible with HOB. I am certainly no expert on roms but it i would think a full reinstall using HOB after removing safestrap would work fine. Of course if you do not have safestrap you are probably set.

Last edited:

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Yes i understand that but all I'm saying is that safestrap is way safer and easier to use then anything else..way better fit a newbie

OP
W

wakeboredb

Reaction score
Yeah, i understand safestrap is safer, i just wanted to get an idea of how easy it would be in bootstrap.

marleyinoc

Reaction score
Edit: I read the thread but still missed the point in original comment. If you're using bootstrap you should be able to go back and forth from CM10 using bootstrap, is not the same as jump from gb to ics, or froyo to gb. That's my understanding, at least.

And/or (my original comment)

Use Safestrap to remove your recovery and then uninstall Safestrap. I also deleted my Safestrap backups to make room, as well as moved my dcim contents to pc. Big difference in time it will take.

Once you've used HoB and rooted you can go back to whatever you want to do (and if you've moved ss backups to pc or whatever you can move them back).

-Bionic 6.7.247 via HoB

Last edited:

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
Of course you can flash a nandroid back-up of another rom. If you couldn't, that makes nandroids almost pointless.