steps from (used)stock to custom rom

dale.j.gilbert

Reaction score
ok so i wasn't all that excited about rooting till i saw on youtube a couple custom roms of ICS and found out they were friggen awesome. so I'm trying to learn all the steps to go from the stock UI that has had apps and game iso's downloaded on it (i think you have to factory reset before you can switch?)

ok so i have too:
0. make sure i know what to do if i screw up and/or brick my phone prior to doing anything ells
1. root my phone via mac
2. make a back up of the stock rom, then do factory reset
3. download, unzip, and move the custom rom into the root folder (aokp axiom is the one i picked, it seemed good and stable)
4. use a rom switcher to load the custom rom that i just put in the root folder
5. enjoy

any notes or links or advising on any of the above is very welcome and appreciated!

thanks for your help

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
You are best off asking this in the Bionic section.....

You will need to install a bootstrap after installing root to allow you to install the custom ROM. You also do not unzip the ROM but place the .zip file of the ROM on your Bionic's storage and when using the bootstrap, browse to and select the .zip file you are wanting to install.

But again.....Bionic users will have better knowledge and directions on doing things on a Bionic.....so it's best to ask in one of the Bionic section threads.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to droid bionic hacks section

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk