Help restoring a nandroid backup please

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Hacks' started by jakoviac, Oct 8, 2011.

1. jakoviac

jakoviac New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I created a nandroid backup before flashing the unl3ash3d rom and I want to switch back to that. I've booted into recovery mode using the bionic bootstrap and after doing a hard reset and clearing the cache and dalvik, selected restore, then chose my nandroid back up. Once it said it was done restoring I rebooted but my bionic was still on the unl3ash3d rom. So I was wondering where I went wrong in restoring my nandroid backup. Am I supposed to zip the backup file and then flash it like I did the unl3ash3d rom?

2. GohanBurner

GohanBurner Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Maybe you made a Nandroid backup while still on the Unleashed ROM lol. Try FXBing (or whatever its called these days) and make a stock nandroid backup and try again.

3. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Senior Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Ratings:
    +30
    You can only restore a nandroid back to the rom it was made on. You need to re-flash that same rom to boot the nandroid.

4. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm also thinking that somehow you may have made a backup of the Unl3ash3d ROM and that's what you restored.... Also, to do restores with bootstrap you must have the Nandroid on your SDCard-ext...

Other than that, you can alwyas flash the Stock Deodexed ROM, if that's what you were wanting, back to stock (deodexed is better if stock)

5. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    That info is incorrect, you can nandroid back to any image from any ROM as long as you have bootstrap (CWM) installed

Search tags for this page

i need nandroid for droid x2