Awesome Screen Protection--DIRT CHEAP

Happyappy

Reaction score
I just received and applied a new screen protector from monoprice.com. The fit and transparency is much better than the product sold by verizon. I cannot tell it's on the phone.

Best part...it costs 76 cents.

Screen Protective Film w/High Transparency Finish for Motorola Droid X | Motorola Droid X

You will have to pay shipping but that is cheap too.

Check out their prices on charging cords and covers too. For some reason they only appear to stock these items for the DX.

Monoprice is a great place to buy any sort of electronic cord or (HDMI, component cables, speaker wire, etc.) Very professional company and dirt cheap prices on high quality items. I know this may come across as spam but I'm not affiliated with the company in any way. I'm really not sure how (or why) they sell this stuff so much cheaper than everyone else.

Last edited:

Zecpull

Reaction score
I think the Screen protection people have already figured out what a Lot of us found out a long time ago, that the Gorilla glass is almost Scratch proof...and we are not going to Spend 9.99 for a thin piece of Plastic... 80 cents.. maybe .and I am sure they still profit.
I bet Corning wishes they got 9 bucks a Screen for the Glass.

rynosaur

Reaction score
Check out their prices on charging cords and covers too. For some reason they only appear to stock these items for the DX.

Monoprice is a great place to buy any sort of electronic cord or (HDMI, component cables, speaker wire, etc.) Very professional company and dirt cheap prices on high quality items. I know this may come across as spam but I'm not affiliated with the company in any way. I'm really not sure how (or why) they sell this stuff so much cheaper than everyone else.

Thanks for the Up, good price!

I do think it's ironic that a place named "Monoprice" sells the screen protectors at different prices depending on the quantity ordered ;)

OP
H

Happyappy

Reaction score

Thanks for the Up, good price!

I do think it's ironic that a place named "Monoprice" sells the screen protectors at different prices depending on the quantity ordered ;)

I haven't figured that one out either.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I think the Screen protection people have already figured out what a Lot of us found out a long time ago, that the Gorilla glass is almost Scratch proof...and we are not going to Spend 9.99 for a thin piece of Plastic... 80 cents.. maybe .and I am sure they still profit.
I bet Corning wishes they got 9 bucks a Screen for the Glass.

Sorry man, but I take very good care of my phone. My right-front pocket is reserved for my phone only no matter what. I have a scratch on my DX's screen from who knows what. Gorilla Glass is good, but its not scratch proof, its scratch resistant.

As for Monoprice though, their products rock. My entire school district buys their refilled toner cartridges and we have a VERY low failure rate. We buy all cables from them. My TV wall mount at home was from them for $50 and one like it in stores is easily over $200-$300. They are a company that realizes that they can make a lot of money without beating the hell out of the customer with price of products. I happily buy stuff from them and recommend them to everyone. The problem is the $5.00 shipping, but still, WAY cheaper than the rest. I may get one. **** nevermind...just noticed a shipping option for 1.70