Good Screen Protectors Are Coming...

ridaz650

Reaction score
+1 for SGP store. i had it on my tour & a couple of other phones.. but if they don't have it out soon i'll check out boxwave.com - tho it is a little pricey.

edit: got a reply back from SGP on availability:

Hello,
Thank you for contacting SGP customer service.
We can only give you the estimate of when the production will be done. We did purchase the phone in order to create shield/lcd film for the droid. The estimate is 1-2 weeks.

If you have any more questions, please feel free contact our customer service department again. Thank you.

Last edited:

iunknown

Reaction score
I'd like to try the boxwave.com ones. I ordered the ghost armor on everyone recommendation. I tried the IS on a kindle and it came out really bad.

avlena

Reaction score
Do all Best Buys usually install ghost armor? I've gone to a few in the LA area, and none offer it for the Droid. :-(

does it reduce glare? I have a hard time using the gps due to the glare during the day.

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I got the one right in the Verizon store - came in a pack of three, has a slot for the sensor and was pretty easy to install, with the exception of removing the tab that is to be removed after application. It left a ton of goo on the protector which took me a long time to clean off and ended up ruining the seal at the lower edge. Anyone have any ideas on how to make that work better?

I just installed an Invisible Shield on another touch phone and neither the user nor I were impressed. It has a texture and softer feel to it which makes your finger stick a bit when swiping, so touch operations are not as easy. By contrast, the Droid cover I just put on is stiff and pretty smooth. I wonder if it impacts the sensitivity of the touch screen a little though.

OP
KineticYellow

KineticYellow

Reaction score
I installed my SGP anti-fingerprint shield on Saturday and I love it thus far. It is the closest thing I could find to the awesome Power Support anti-glare film made exclusively for the iphone. It hasn't effected sensitivity at all and my favorite feature is not having to worry about fingerprints.

This film does perform as advertised and if fingerprints and protection are a concern for you, this is a good buy. It is matte, however, which could be a concern for some. I prefer the matte finish feature.

Geofferson

Reaction score
^ Thanks for the feedback -- I'll look to place an order when they get more stock in (looks to be OOS at the moment).

BachinPhx

Reaction score
Stay with the basic glass that the Droid has. I don't think that anything out there will be as slick as the glass. I just wipe mine and it's good to go. No scratches or anything. I am more concerned about the case but won't put it in anything because then I can't use the docking station. Just my 2 cents. BTW, LOVE MY DROID!!!!

Shel

Reaction score
I installed my SGP anti-fingerprint shield on Saturday and I love it thus far. It is the closest thing I could find to the awesome Power Support anti-glare film made exclusively for the iphone. It hasn't effected sensitivity at all and my favorite feature is not having to worry about fingerprints.

This film does perform as advertised and if fingerprints and protection are a concern for you, this is a good buy. It is matte, however, which could be a concern for some. I prefer the matte finish feature.

Anyone know where to find these?

eBay has em for other phones, but not for the Droid.

The SGP site has screen protectors for the Droid, but they don't say "anti-fingerprint"...

Their site says "Steinheil Crystal for Motorola Droid ", but nothing about anti fingerprint.

Thanks for any help! (Love my Droid, but getting tired of the smugs and fingerprints all over the screen!)