Which Steinheil Protector??

Discussion in 'Droid X Accessories' started by bgillyjcu, Aug 13, 2010.

1. goracer

goracer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't really mad at you but upset I wasted $35.

The do have a tinted version. Is is part of one of their two body + lens kit's. It is the glossy version.

The good -The original (tinted) lens cover was almost perfect. On a hot sunny day (today was 97) you can't see the screen at all. That was my only issue with the lense cover. It went on perfect the first time. There were no bubbles. No dust to remove. It was crystal clear. Slight mm short on width (crytstal clear is exact fit).

The bad - Body kit was placed on using liquid. That was a mistake even though instructions say to do so. I found I forgot one side peice and placed it on without liquid. It felt smooth, is clear without bubbles and no orangle peel.

The ugly - I submitted a warranty claim. They wouldn't do anything without pictures. Ok, so how do you take pictures of your phone with your phone. No, it won't work in the mirror because the lese is on the back and you have to show the front. So when my BB was repaired I sent pictures. I requested a non-tinted crystal clear lens protector and a matte body kit or refund on body kit.

Here is my point -> How many people are screaming mad about the $3 body kit they just received? Raving mad they got ripped off for $3. Mine cost me $35.

I received no replacement and no refund on the body kit. When I asked about that they said too late, we already sent out the lens cover.

I received a crystal clear lense cover that was crap. Maybe it was used or defective. It was not crystal clear, was full of dust and seems like scratches. The bubbles do not go away.

2. goracer

goracer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to see that your having issues,with the Steinheil. I"ve had a great experience with the Non-fingerprint Thats why I'm going to try the Crystal Clear now.
    The hardest part is getting it on with out any dust particles. I use the shower trick but some how I still manage to get some body sluff under the protector.
    The two crystal Clear protectors cost me $13.69 with shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yeah the two lense cover is a much better deal. The body kit only includes one lense cover. At least if you get one defective one then you still ahve another.

Review: Steinheil full body kit

3. kdkinc

kdkinc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Yeah the two lense cover is a much better deal. The body kit only includes one lense cover. At least if you get one defective one then you still ahve another.

Review: Steinheil full body kit[/QUOTE]

I had body protection on my i920 Omnia but never felt good about it so I went to a case.
    On my DX I have "Body Glove" I like the feel and protection it give if I drop the phone. It does bulk up the phone a bit but I'll accept that for the safety of the DX.

Best to Ya....

4. bgillyjcu

bgillyjcu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like my Anti Fingerprint after a day of use. Sure it is not SUPER SUPER CLEAR, but it really doesn't take away from how great the quality is. I do like how my finger just glides and NEVER seems to stick due to sweat or humidity like on my old LG Dare (which I never had a screen prot on.)

So far...Anti Fingerprint gets a 9/10 from me. (Of course I wish it was 100% clear but then again it wouldn't do its job if it was.)

5. LunaImages

LunaImages Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Back that claim up with proof. My screen is just as responsive as when it was without it.

6. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I have the matte anti fingerprint. I like this one cause there's no smudges, and when you flick your finger across the phone it makes this FSHHHH sound, I love it. The screen quality may be reduced slightly, but I like this screen protector over any other ones I've ever head. I love that my fingers never get stuck on it, not even when they're sweaty or wet.

7. kdkinc

kdkinc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had body protection on my i920 Omnia but never felt good about it so I went to a case.
    On my DX I have "Body Glove" I like the feel and protection it give if I drop the phone. It does bulk up the phone a bit but I'll accept that for the safety of the DX.

Best to Ya....[/QUOTE]

I just took off my Non-finger print version and applied the Ultra crystal clear version.
    You know I was laying the new one the DroidX turned around for a minute now I can't find it. It just plain disappeared !!!:biggrin:

Ok My first impression....., damn this phone has a nice screen.

The non-finger print is nice and had good clarity and not having finger prints is a BIG plus. I think I'm gonna put up with finger prints for awhile . I can always reuse the non-finger print version again.:icon_eek:

8. timelord

timelord Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've used Steinheil ultra crystal, anti fingerprint and matte body protector. Zero problems, no hassels. dancedroid

9. viper3773

viper3773 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you actually follow the instructions and use the wet way to apply the body skin, or no?