Which Steinheil Protector??

Schimm

Reaction score
The crystal is the best shield I've used on any of my devices. Just a cautionary note that's true with any shield.....take your time applying it. If you got a can of compressed air around, have it ready (works real nice to spray the screen just before applying the shield). When you clear the screen of specs, apply the shield immediately....it's amazing how quick it can accumulate dust in no time flat. Plan out how you're gonna apply it in advance and keep the sticky tape handy. If you can get it down on the first take without dust underneath it's a real accomplishment....I haven't been able to do that yet. It is very easy to get frustrated if you think you can just pull the thing out of the box and apply it in a few seconds 'cause you won't get a good result.

goracer

Reaction score
My crystal shield sucks period. It looks like crap, like millions of scratches or dust. The original one (tinted version) was crystal clear without any bubbles, dust or scratches. The crystal one I received as a replacement is worse then the $1 ebay version. Seriously, the $1 one had less bubbles, no scratches or dust. I should just ask for a refund on both the lense cover and the body kit they never replaced.

I ordered the carbon fiber body kit (includes 2 lense covers, steinheil only gives you 1) for $15 less then the Stenheil. I think the crystal clear will go in the trash. :icon_evil:

C

chrmbly

My crystal shield sucks period. It looks like crap, like millions of scratches or dust. The original one (tinted version) was crystal clear without any bubbles, dust or scratches. The crystal one I received as a replacement is worse then the $1 ebay version. Seriously, the $1 one had less bubbles, no scratches or dust. I should just ask for a refund on both the lense cover and the body kit they never replaced.

I ordered the carbon fiber body kit (includes 2 lense covers, steinheil only gives you 1) for $15 less then the Stenheil. I think the crystal clear will go in the trash. :icon_evil:

I'm not sure which one you were using, but based on your other post I'm going to wager you aren't using Steinheil, but some other brand. They don't sell a "tinted" full body protector as far as I'm aware. Most in this thread are talking about the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protectors. They come in a pack of two for $14 (and you got one for apparently over $15), so I don't know what type you are talking about.

I have to say after using one of the 3M type screen protectors that required you to wet the screen, as well as the generic verizon ones over the years, I put this thing on in about 45 seconds and have had zero complaints. Perhaps I'm not as particular about dust / specks under the screen, but I haven't really noticed anything.

dancedroid

kdkinc

Reaction score

I'm not sure which one you were using, but based on your other post I'm going to wager you aren't using Steinheil, but some other brand. They don't sell a "tinted" full body protector as far as I'm aware. Most in this thread are talking about the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protectors. They come in a pack of two for $14 (and you got one for apparently over $15), so I don't know what type you are talking about.

I have to say after using one of the 3M type screen protectors that required you to wet the screen, as well as the generic verizon ones over the years, I put this thing on in about 45 seconds and have had zero complaints. Perhaps I'm not as particular about dust / specks under the screen, but I haven't really noticed anything.

dancedroid

+1 Steinheil really IS the best deal. I,m currently using the non-Finger print version but may also try the Crystal version soon. Then I'll one of each as a back up.:)

PACanesFan

Reaction score
I'm using the anti-fingerprint one. I like the feel of the matted surface, and lack of fingerprints. It is a large improvement over the standard ones Verizon sells.

kdkinc

Reaction score
I'm using the anti-fingerprint one. I like the feel of the matted surface, and lack of fingerprints. It is a large improvement over the standard ones Verizon sells.

I just bought the Ultra Crystal to try. Seeing it has great reviews. I'll make a judgment according to the finger print smudges and the slideability (new word) with damp fingers.

goracer

Reaction score

dancedroid

If you actually read my posts then maybe you would know what i'm talking about. My name is not Willis.

• Steinheil tinted works excellent except for sun.
  • Steinheil crystal clear was garbage. bubles, scratches, etc.
  • Steinheil body kit garbage, orange peel, tacky feel, peeling off.

Why should I repeat this just because you didn't bother to read the thread?

• Steinheil kit $35 shipped with only 1 lens protector
  • Phantom skinz carbon body kit with 2 lens protectors $20 shipped
  • Ebay lens protectors $6 for 5 shipped (less bubbles then Steinheil crystal)

Translated

• British - It bloody well sucks. You yanks can't understand English.
  • Canadian - Their warranty sucks, eh.
  • Australian - Don't buy the body kit, mate.

Here is my review for the "Steinheil" body kit gloss which has only "one" tinted lens protector. They only replaced the lens, forgot to send body kit (they said) and told me oh well, too late we already shipped the replacement. That's all you get.

Review: Steinheil full body kit

Last edited:
C

chrmbly

If you actually read my posts then maybe you would know what i'm talking about. My name is not Willis.

Translated

Here is my review for the "Steinheil" body kit gloss which has only "one" tinted lens protector. They only replaced the lens, forgot to send body kit (they said) and told me oh well, too late we already shipped the replacement. That's all you get.

Whoa, calm down Willis. Sorry you had a rough time with yours, even though you seem to be in the minority. I actually did read your post and didn't need the sarcastic response. However I still don't know of any "tinted" Steinheil protectors. If by "tinted" you mean Anti-fingerprint, then I guess that's where the confusion was. Also from your post it made it sound like you had to wet the screen protector, which you don't have to do w/ the standard screen protector (but must have to with the full body kit).

Take it easy. Christ.

kdkinc

Reaction score

dancedroid

Translated

Sorry to see that your having issues,with the Steinheil. I"ve had a great experience with the Non-fingerprint Thats why I'm going to try the Crystal Clear now.
The hardest part is getting it on with out any dust particles. I use the shower trick but some how I still manage to get some body sluff under the protector.
The two crystal Clear protectors cost me $13.69 with shipping.

goracer

Reaction score
I wasn't really mad at you but upset I wasted $35.

The do have a tinted version. Is is part of one of their two body + lens kit's. It is the glossy version.

The good -The original (tinted) lens cover was almost perfect. On a hot sunny day (today was 97) you can't see the screen at all. That was my only issue with the lense cover. It went on perfect the first time. There were no bubbles. No dust to remove. It was crystal clear. Slight mm short on width (crytstal clear is exact fit).

The bad - Body kit was placed on using liquid. That was a mistake even though instructions say to do so. I found I forgot one side peice and placed it on without liquid. It felt smooth, is clear without bubbles and no orangle peel.

The ugly - I submitted a warranty claim. They wouldn't do anything without pictures. Ok, so how do you take pictures of your phone with your phone. No, it won't work in the mirror because the lese is on the back and you have to show the front. So when my BB was repaired I sent pictures. I requested a non-tinted crystal clear lens protector and a matte body kit or refund on body kit.

Here is my point -> How many people are screaming mad about the $3 body kit they just received? Raving mad they got ripped off for $3. Mine cost me $35.

I received no replacement and no refund on the body kit. When I asked about that they said too late, we already sent out the lens cover.

I received a crystal clear lense cover that was crap. Maybe it was used or defective. It was not crystal clear, was full of dust and seems like scratches. The bubbles do not go away.

goracer

Reaction score
Sorry to see that your having issues,with the Steinheil. I"ve had a great experience with the Non-fingerprint Thats why I'm going to try the Crystal Clear now.
The hardest part is getting it on with out any dust particles. I use the shower trick but some how I still manage to get some body sluff under the protector.
The two crystal Clear protectors cost me $13.69 with shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yeah the two lense cover is a much better deal. The body kit only includes one lense cover. At least if you get one defective one then you still ahve another.

kdkinc

Reaction score
The two crystal Clear protectors cost me $13.69 with shipping.

Thanks. Yeah the two lense cover is a much better deal. The body kit only includes one lense cover. At least if you get one defective one then you still ahve another.

Review: Steinheil full body kit[/QUOTE]

I had body protection on my i920 Omnia but never felt good about it so I went to a case.
On my DX I have "Body Glove" I like the feel and protection it give if I drop the phone. It does bulk up the phone a bit but I'll accept that for the safety of the DX.

Best to Ya....

OP
B

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
I like my Anti Fingerprint after a day of use. Sure it is not SUPER SUPER CLEAR, but it really doesn't take away from how great the quality is. I do like how my finger just glides and NEVER seems to stick due to sweat or humidity like on my old LG Dare (which I never had a screen prot on.)

So far...Anti Fingerprint gets a 9/10 from me. (Of course I wish it was 100% clear but then again it wouldn't do its job if it was.)

alboboy10

Reaction score
I have the matte anti fingerprint. I like this one cause there's no smudges, and when you flick your finger across the phone it makes this FSHHHH sound, I love it. The screen quality may be reduced slightly, but I like this screen protector over any other ones I've ever head. I love that my fingers never get stuck on it, not even when they're sweaty or wet.