Automobile use without official cradle?

Brokk

Reaction score
I have a generic holder for my phone, as well as the official bluetooth car device.

If I have my phone sideways (best position for navigation), then it's near impossible to use when searching for the place to navigate to, as the voice search results will not turn sideways. This is somewhat misleading, as the demo device at the verizon booth I got my phone works fine (turns sideways) under the same conditions. It seems it has a different version installed on the phone that has this feature. I've been waiting about 4 months in hopes of it being rolled out to normal phones, but I have the feeling it never will.

Any work around for this issue?

Brokk...

mikedyk43

Reaction score
I have a generic holder for my phone, as well as the official bluetooth car device.

If I have my phone sideways (best position for navigation), then it's near impossible to use when searching for the place to navigate to, as the voice search results will not turn sideways. This is somewhat misleading, as the demo device at the verizon booth I got my phone works fine (turns sideways) under the same conditions. It seems it has a different version installed on the phone that has this feature. I've been waiting about 4 months in hopes of it being rolled out to normal phones, but I have the feeling it never will.

Any work around for this issue?

Brokk...

If you are mounting the phone in a generic car mount, you should be able to manually put it in car mode with the stock car app. This will turn your display to landscape. If you don't like the stock car dock app, may I suggest the app Car Dock V3. It has settings that will automatically put the phone into car mode when it makes a bluetooth connection.