Auto Reply?

Organist09

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my Razr Maxx, When I text someone right after the message sends my phone sends an auto reply with the message of "In a meeting" What's wrong and how do I fix it? It's annoying me and confusing all my contacts...Thank you.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check smart actions for any action for texting.

----posted maxx'ed out----

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There' wasn't any options that I saw to fix that

I've searched and so far don't have an answer. Still looking.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Settings call settings auto reply maybe?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Blue

SallyC

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my Razr Maxx, When I text someone right after the message sends my phone sends an auto reply with the message of "In a meeting" What's wrong and how do I fix it? It's annoying me and confusing all my contacts...Thank you.

In Menu, Settings, Call Settings scroll down to Text Message Reply. When you press it is Text Message Reply checked?

Are you using stock phone and text applications?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
In Menu, Settings, Call Settings scroll down to Text Message Reply. When you press it is Text Message Reply checked?

Are you using stock phone and text applications?

I thought that too, but it's happening after texting, not calling so I leaned away from that as a cause. Still, it's worth a look-see.

SallyC

Reaction score
I thought that too, but it's happening after texting, not calling so I leaned away from that as a cause. Still, it's worth a look-see.

Yeah, that's why I wondered if he's using stock apps. My text application can send auto replies and I'm wondering if there is something turned on there or if there's some funky interactive thing, like a shortcut key mixing up the phone app and sms app.

I really have no idea! :confused:

quinwyo

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue with the "In a meeting" automatic reply, I've tried everything I know of, but can't figure it out. It only seems to happen when someone replies to a text that I've sent (only the first text I send, subsequent texts don't trigger the response), and if I haven't texted that someone for a day or two. I really don't want to have to call Verizon. Anyone? Anything?

Yeah, that's why I wondered if he's using stock apps. My text application can send auto replies and I'm wondering if there is something turned on there or if there's some funky interactive thing, like a shortcut key mixing up the phone app and sms app.

I really have no idea! :confused:

SallyC

Reaction score

YellowJacket posted the answer to this here.

Shereena57

Reaction score
'In a Meeting' Auto Reply

I have just gotten a Droid Razr Maxx and I'm having the EXACT SAME ISSUE!! Whoever I have texting or phone call contact with, soon after, they receive a text from me declaring that I'm 'In a Meeting'. It sent it to my boss TWICE!! That's GREAT!! Anyone have any solutions yet? I've gone into the Verizon store AND called Verizon. Everyone's 'deer in the headlights' over it. =(

Barticus

Reaction score
the issue likely resides in an application called Smart Actions. To verify that this is the issue, look for it under system settings/ Apps/ under "running". If it is listed under "running", it is likely causing the issue (it was for me) .

To turn off the auto reply, select or navigate to the Smart Actions app and open it. There will be an icon listed below "Meeting". Touch screen "Meeting" and under the "Actions" list, unplug the "Auto Reply Text" battery icon by sliding it from left to right. Touch screen "save" at the very top of the screen and the issue should be resolved.

If you don't have this particular Smart Actions app, it is likely something similar by a different name which manages things like battery consumption or power management type applications.

RossieCannon

Reaction score
the issue likely resides in an application called Smart Actions. To verify that this is the issue, look for it under system settings/ Apps/ under "running". If it is listed under "running", it is likely causing the issue (it was for me) .

To turn off the auto reply, select or navigate to the Smart Actions app and open it. There will be an icon listed below "Meeting". Touch screen "Meeting" and under the "Actions" list, unplug the "Auto Reply Text" battery icon by sliding it from left to right. Touch screen "save" at the very top of the screen and the issue should be resolved.

If you don't have this particular Smart Actions app, it is likely something similar by a different name which manages things like battery consumption or power management type applications.

Thank you also was having this issue and I pretty much had to uninstall the Smart Action all together and the Smart Action FW...

Thank you again!