Disable "reply to all" in Group MMS Conversations

Reaction score
Is there any way to send a reply to only the person who composed the message instead of to all recipients? I searched and found this same question posted in the Droid RAZR HD forum, and someone provided an answer with instructions on how to do this, but the instructions don't work for me. The instructions were to go to the text messaging app, press the three dots in the top right corner, go to settings, then change 'message type'.

I don't have the three dots he mentions. I can get to Message Settings via the menu but there's nothing about "message type" or anything else he mentions.

SallyC

Reaction score
With the message open, go to Menu>Modify Recipients. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to make it default to not reply to the group, but I think that will help you on a case by case basis.

OP
V
Reaction score
With the message open, go to Menu>Modify Recipients. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to make it default to not reply to the group, but I think that will help you on a case by case basis.

I appreciate it, but I already knew that was an option. Unfortunately, the problem is that often I don't realize it was a group message... especially if I'm busy or distracted. For example, my sister texted both my wife and I earlier today. I just grabbed my phone, typed a reply, and sent it. Then I briefly saw "sent 2 messages" pop up on my screen and thought "huh?", so I returned to Messaging saw that I had sent the reply to both my sister and my wife, and it was only then that I realized that my sister had sent her original message to both of us.

It's just annoying. Not only should it be optional, but it should be a secondary option. I think in MOST cases, the individual recipients would not have a need to reply to all the other recipients.

Raydee35

Reaction score
Before I had unlimited text messaging this used to drive me crazy. I replied to a text from a friend that he sent to everyone on his contact list. I replied to it not realizing my reply went out to over 100 people. I then received a ridiculous amount of texts back asking who I was and why I sent them a text with a LOL in it. What a pain trying to explain it to them, not to mention a waste of my text messages.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums