Audio issues

jkm2282

Reaction score
I am facing a peculiar audio problem with my droid X. I am facing issues playing any mp3 file on my phone. When I try to play any song/ringtone, I get an error message that this type of file is not supported. But when I turn off the phone and turn it on again, everything works fine. This happens with music apps like Pandora as well. Can someone tells me what the issue could be and how should I solve it? Thanks.

DeaGl3V

Reaction score
I am facing a peculiar audio problem with my droid X. I am facing issues playing any mp3 file on my phone. When I try to play any song/ringtone, I get an error message that this type of file is not supported. But when I turn off the phone and turn it on again, everything works fine. This happens with music apps like Pandora as well. Can someone tells me what the issue could be and how should I solve it? Thanks.

motorola has allegedly found a fix for this and will release it on the next update, i really hope this is soon since i'm having the same issue. it's really annoying

error1985

Reaction score
"motorola has allegedly found a fix for this and will release it on the next update, i really hope this is soon since i'm having the same issue. it's really annoying"

I sure hope so! :icon_ banana:

ersh72

Reaction score
yes I have the same problem very annoying. does anybody know how often they send out updates.

Last edited:

SEGA

Reaction score
I just got the Droid X Yesterday and I'm having the same problem.

First I put my music on my SD card and it showed up fine.
When I got to work I turned on WinAmp and all my music was gone.
I restarted the phone and they came back, but one album would not play.
Keep getting the error stated in the OP 'Sound file is not supported'.

Would like an ETA on the new update.